Poker's Plain Old Reefer 750

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your confidence in me is flattering.

I'm predicting a disastrous end when I add the bandits lol.
My Holo is about 5" been in my reef for a year. Does NOT touch anything !!!!!! I have a Declivas Butterfly also, he touches nothing. I don't think either of those choices will have negative effects on your corals.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that has to be insane par , i have 3xr30's on same tank with diffusers at 85% and no t5s and i can get to 350s on the top . so add another xr30 and 4t5s .. awesome! obviously the corals love it, definatley stunning tank . awesome job

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is nothing plain about this. Absolutely Beautiful!

giphy.gif

OP
OP
pokerdobe

pokerdobe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MY GOSH MAN HOW DID I MISS THIS!?! Wow amazing reef! Any updates?

The same way I totally missed that this was the tank of the day! :p I am currently recovering from a slight mishap (self induced), so the tank is going through a rough patch. On the other hand, it's given me time to think about how/what I want to change up.

Congrats on being our Reef of the Day! So give us more photos! :p

giphy.gif

I'll dig around and see what I can find that's recent.

My Holo is about 5" been in my reef for a year. Does NOT touch anything !!!!!! I have a Declivas Butterfly also, he touches nothing. I don't think either of those choices will have negative effects on your corals.

That's actually really good to know! I've been going back and forth between the Declivas and Bandit angels... Both are beautiful fish.

What's the Holo? Forgive my ignorance.

Can you elaborate on on turnover from sump to tank, & and tuner over in tank from wave pumps ?

My very unscientific method of turnover is basically half the max setting for my return pump, which is the Sicce SDC 9. I'll have to kinda think about turnover in the display... My gyres tend to run variable so there's times of low turnover and times of high turnover. I'll get back with a better answer.

Beautiful tank!

Thank you!

Beautiful tank!

Thanks!

that has to be insane par , i have 3xr30's on same tank with diffusers at 85% and no t5s and i can get to 350s on the top . so add another xr30 and 4t5s .. awesome! obviously the corals love it, definatley stunning tank . awesome job

Thanks! I actually had a friend recently bring over a par meter and we mapped about 700ish near the center top. I actually had no clue what any of my par was until last week.

There is nothing plain about this. Absolutely Beautiful!

giphy.gif

Haha, thanks!

Wow! You've got reefing skills (understatement of the day)!

You give me too much credit - I'm just stumbling through, trying my best not to utterly fail. You should have seen the dismal failure that was my 20 gallon fusion.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same way I totally missed that this was the tank of the day! :p I am currently recovering from a slight mishap (self induced), so the tank is going through a rough patch. On the other hand, it's given me time to think about how/what I want to change up.

I'll dig around and see what I can find that's recent.

That's actually really good to know! I've been going back and forth between the Declivas and Bandit angels... Both are beautiful fish.

What's the Holo? Forgive my ignorance.

The Holo Holo is the Bandit Angel. In Hawaii I collected them for about ten years, the locals called them Holo Holo Angels Hawaiian translation HoloHolo – go cruising, go riding, or go out for leisure. Many visitors go holo holo around the island to check out the sites

My very unscientific method of turnover is basically half the max setting for my return pump, which is the Sicce SDC 9. I'll have to kinda think about turnover in the display... My gyres tend to run variable so there's times of low turnover and times of high turnover. I'll get back with a better answer.

Thank you!

Thanks!

Thanks! I actually had a friend recently bring over a par meter and we mapped about 700ish near the center top. I actually had no clue what any of my par was until last week.

Haha, thanks!

You give me too much credit - I'm just stumbling through, trying my best not to utterly fail. You should have seen the dismal failure that was my 20 gallon fusion.

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Holo Holo is the Bandit Angel. In Hawaii I collected them for about ten years, the locals called them Holo Holo Angels Hawaiian translation HoloHolo – go cruising, go riding, or go out for leisure. Many visitors go holo holo around the island to check out the sites

OP
OP
pokerdobe

pokerdobe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oooh. I learned something today lol.

Do you find that one or the other is easier to acclimate into tank life? Between the holo :cool: or the declivis?

Mike Paletta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive looking tank, great job. If you could could you please list the names of the corals you had on page 3 of this post? Would love to know their names and I loved your photographs. Thanks

OP
OP
pokerdobe

pokerdobe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

:eek:

Impressive looking tank, great job. If you could could you please list the names of the corals you had on page 3 of this post? Would love to know their names and I loved your photographs. Thanks

Thank you! I updated page 3 to include the names. I did note which ones I'm not too certain on.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updating the OP to reflect the most current stuff.

Updated tank shot.
Room shot.jpg

Lighting: Aquatic Life Hybrid Fixture, 4x Radion G4 Pro
Flow: 2X Gyre 350 on a gimped BRS setting
Filtration: RO Classic 202s, NOPOX
Dosing: 2 Part ESV, Kore 5 doser

BEAUTIFUL! :)

Corey Baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank! Killer looking corals.

How long are you holding the peak intensity of your radions for during the run time? Do you use a ramp up/down?

Thanks

OP
OP
pokerdobe

pokerdobe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEAUTIFUL! :)

Thank you!

Awesome tank! Killer looking corals.

How long are you holding the peak intensity of your radions for during the run time? Do you use a ramp up/down?

Thanks

Thanks! I run a modified AB+ for the radions. T5's turn on somewhere in the middle.

1591912142413.png

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What color you have on your T5 bulbs?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back