POLL: Foxface VS Rabbitfish! Which one do you prefer?

Foxface or Rabbitfish?

• Foxface!

Votes: 63 50.8%
  • Rabbitfish!

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • I don't like either.

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • They're both awesome!

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • I don't know much about these guys.

Votes: 13 10.5%

• Total voters

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After you mentioned it I vaguely remember seeing their show before. It seems like I remember one with an urchin, but I don’t remember many of their other stings.
If I remember correctly . They travel to different parts of the world to find test subjects for the experiment

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been stung by a foxface once .
he jumped out of a bucket striking my right hand on the meaty part above your baby finger .
It instantly swelled up and throbbing pain I can’t describe .other than the worse pain I’ve ever felt .
a short time later my left side of my face felt weird
This lasted for over a week .

I want to say .. they are wonderful , my favourite fish but not to be messed with
I think I may take more care in future.

I give him a nudge with my hand when he objects to me blasting the rocks in the tank.

Never been stabbed. Lol. I guess he knows not the bite the hand that feeds him.

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My man destroys algea.

Attachments

• 20220717_143813.jpg
    20220717_143813.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 22

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I may take more care in future.

I give him a nudge with my hand when he objects to me blasting the rocks in the tank.

Never been stabbed. Lol. I guess he knows not the bite the hand that feeds him.
I’m sure he knows not to bite the hand that feeds him ……
It’s been a few years for me . Maybe I should change food before it happens again?

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnificent foxface all the way!
Here’s my second of two I’ve owned, both were/have been with me for 2 years. I lost the first one to a dumb mistake I did when upgrading tank. Both of mine love(d) me, I can and could stand infront of the tank moving around all I want and these guys would just beg all the time.
A57C989E-47C5-4B8A-85F8-04A6A481DAE4.jpeg

I have recently fallen in love with the Scribbled Rabbitfish and wish I could have both.
However, I wouldn’t have a 4’+ tank without a Mag in it :)
Nice !!! I’m trying to get a small one myself the last two weeks . Hard to come by when your looking for one

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice !!! I’m trying to get a small one myself the last two weeks . Hard to come by when your looking for one
Definitely! I had to go half way up the country to get my current guy. I think I had to do the same journey for my first but that wasn’t as bad since I wasn’t living like 10 counties away and it was instead just above where I used to live.

Its funny how I bought my guy at I think 3.5 inches for the same price as I found a 1.5 inch specimen a few months later. The price was £99 or in USD, $116.95

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface is a terrific grazer. They are known to eat bubble algae and other nuisance algae that most fish won't touch. They generally won't touch coral, but will eat algae on or around coral which may lead to zoas or others being dislodged. There are exceptions to this of course, just as I've had rogue Hippo Tangs and Purple Tangs at the store decided zoas or micromussa were tasty. I did get stung once maybe 4 or 5 years ago while bagging one up. It tried jumping and I stuck my hand over the net. Honestly for me it wasn't bad at all, but I guess everyone is different.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back