Possum Wrasse eat flake food?

Pedro Padovan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, guys! How are you? I recently got a Possum Wrasse and he is only eating mysis shrimp. I’m trying to make him accept flakes fish food, but he doesn’t swallow, he chews and spit. Should I keep trying? Should I try another fish food? I’m using New Spectrum Life Optimum Flakes. I would be very grateful of any other fish food recommendation.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards for all

This is Thanos, my Possum :)

20230419_141439.jpg

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off Welcome to the site. My possum wont eat flakes eather. Had hime for a over a year. I just feed a wide variety of foods.

Mine is in a nano with a tailspot and shrimp. I just feed 5-6 pieces of shrimp then some pellets to keep everyone happy. Ill throw in flakes time to time because the other fish like them.

OP
OP
Pedro Padovan

Pedro Padovan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off Welcome to the site. My possum wont eat flakes eather. Had hime for a over a year. I just feed a wide variety of foods.

Mine is in a nano with a tailspot and shrimp. I just feed 5-6 pieces of shrimp then some pellets to keep everyone happy. Ill throw in flakes time to time because the other fish like them.
Thanks a lot for the tips!! I'm thinking of doing the same, offering mysis to the possum and flake food to the other fish...

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot for the tips!! I'm thinking of doing the same, offering mysis to the possum and flake food to the other fish...
Hard to pick and choose who eats what. When i feed my big tank i just grab a small pinch of mysis and put it in the nano. Its eaten up pretty quick.

TranceLvr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a possum that would eat pellets. At first, he didn't like them and would spit them out, but over time he would see the other fish eating them and started to as well.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My possums and pink streaks all devour mysis and ROE, and the small TDO pellets no problem.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back