Possum Wrasse eat flake food?

Pedro Padovan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Brazil
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, guys! How are you? I recently got a Possum Wrasse and he is only eating mysis shrimp. I’m trying to make him accept flakes fish food, but he doesn’t swallow, he chews and spit. Should I keep trying? Should I try another fish food? I’m using New Spectrum Life Optimum Flakes. I would be very grateful of any other fish food recommendation.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards for all

This is Thanos, my Possum :)

20230419_141439.jpg
 
First off Welcome to the site. My possum wont eat flakes eather. Had hime for a over a year. I just feed a wide variety of foods.

Mine is in a nano with a tailspot and shrimp. I just feed 5-6 pieces of shrimp then some pellets to keep everyone happy. Ill throw in flakes time to time because the other fish like them.
 
First off Welcome to the site. My possum wont eat flakes eather. Had hime for a over a year. I just feed a wide variety of foods.

Mine is in a nano with a tailspot and shrimp. I just feed 5-6 pieces of shrimp then some pellets to keep everyone happy. Ill throw in flakes time to time because the other fish like them.
Thanks a lot for the tips!! I'm thinking of doing the same, offering mysis to the possum and flake food to the other fish...
 
Thanks a lot for the tips!! I'm thinking of doing the same, offering mysis to the possum and flake food to the other fish...
Hard to pick and choose who eats what. When i feed my big tank i just grab a small pinch of mysis and put it in the nano. Its eaten up pretty quick.
 
I had a possum that would eat pellets. At first, he didn't like them and would spit them out, but over time he would see the other fish eating them and started to as well.
 
My possums and pink streaks all devour mysis and ROE, and the small TDO pellets no problem.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new