Prazipro and Reef Flux

  • Thread starter Thread starter K.miller
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

K.miller

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2018
Messages
177
Reaction score
152
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed Reef flux about two and a half weeks ago. Havent done a WC yet as the directions say wait three weeks. I wanted to do a round of prazi in the tank to get rid of some flukes but i was wondering if prazi and reef flux together may have unwanted consequences?
 
I would but the tank is a 120 and the only fish in there is a fire fish. Im pretty sure id have to tear most of my rock work apart to get him out.
 
I would not treat with both together. Probably best to finish the current treatment, and then do a water-change before dosing Prazi.

Fluconazole can decrease the metabolism of praziquantel. Also, Prazi puts a considerable strain on the O2 level in the water. In a reef tank, the oxygen requirements are much greater than in a sterile QT, so it would be not advisable to combine with other medications .

What are your plans for adding other fish? Will you be QT’ing other new arrivals?

Since you only have one fish now, might be a good time to remove him and allow the tank run fallow. 76 days would cover mostly everything, including ich/velvet, etc. That way, if you do decide to QT moving forward you are starting with a “blank slate”.

Just my opinion of course ;)
 
Did water change today so maybe ill wait a few days and does the prazi. I dont plan to tear the tank apart to catch the fire fish. If i saw signs of anything else i may give it a shot but i dont so im going to do the prazi, give it a couple weeks make sure all looks well and go from there. I do plan to qt anything new from here on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new