Predatory Tank

Luke 13y8127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I fit a zebra dwarf lionfish, snowflake eel, valentini puffer, and swallowtail hawkfish with a good clean up crew in a 55 gallon?

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean you could, but its pushing it. You're gonna need some strong filtration.

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 8 fish a dwarf golden morey, a snowflake eel in a 60 with no issues. It's all about export/ what filtering can handle.

Will probably have to re home morey in a few years if he fattens up

IMG_2009.jpg

OP
OP
Luke 13y8127

Luke 13y8127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 8 fish a dwarf golden morey, a snowflake eel in a 60 with no issues. It's all about export/ what filtering can handle.

Will probably have to re home morey in a few years if he fattens up

IMG_2009.jpg
Cool Tank

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say yes, that sounds like a cool tank. Don't count on much of a cuc, other than maybe an urchin. Lions will eat shrimp, the valentini and hawkfish will eat mostly anything, and the snowflake is a pebble toothed eel whose primary diet is crustaceans. In most cases a cuc is overated and unnecessary, I run many tanks without a cuc. Your filtration could include a refugium/algae reactor or even planting macro algae in the display, and obviously a good skimmer.

OP
OP
Luke 13y8127

Luke 13y8127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say yes, that sounds like a cool tank. Don't count on much of a cuc, other than maybe an urchin. Lions will eat shrimp, the valentini and hawkfish will eat mostly anything, and the snowflake is a pebble toothed eel whose primary diet is crustaceans. In most cases a cuc is overated and unnecessary, I run many tanks without a cuc. Your filtration could include a refugium/algae reactor or even planting macro algae in the display, and obviously a good skimmer.
I was going to do an urchin, fighting conch, and try my luck with a cheaper snail.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to do an urchin, fighting conch, and try my luck with a cheaper snail.

I doubt a conch will make it with those guys. While you may find one individual predator in one tank don;t eat the cuc; nature is nature and I would not count on it. Snails and hermits are cheap and can be benificial for your preds to hunt and snack. Try to sneak them in from time to time so they will last, these guys are very observant and will investigate what ever to put in the tank.

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure your water keeping habits are good along with a good filtration. If you haven't setup your rockscape (or tank is still cycling), make sure you got little to no dead flow areas and able to fit your water change tube into most of the spots to clean substrate. A store or people of local forums will likely take the eel when it gets bigger, and is a good idea to start associating yourself with locals!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back