Product request - Alkalinity standard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this? I did pick up a bottle of the GHL reference solution directly from GHL but buying through you guys is much easier.

I posted this on my build thread, but some here may find it interesting. I plan on keeping a reference solution on the shelf at all times. I didn't use the expired Redsea kit on my aquarium. Having a reference solution can give you confidence that your kit is reading accurately.

"The first thing I tested was the 7.5dkh Alkalinity standard. A good reading would be considered 7.3 to 7.7.

KH Director: 7.5
Hanna Checker: 7.7
Salifert: 7.7
Redsea, New: 7.3
Redsea, Old: 5.9

And, on my tank I got the following results. And, I have to admit, my KH Director was telling me my Alk was dropping but I didn't believe it.

KH Director: 8.2
Hanna Checker: 8.3
Salifert: 8.3
Redsea, New: 7.8"

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evaluating some options, but I think this'll be something we have very soon.
Great. I hope a BRS branded standard that includes Alk, Calc, and Magnesium is at least under discussion. I would think with your pharma contacts it should be doable!

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Zack@BRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@yellojello Yes, we do have some good news. We've tested the Fauna Marin Multi Reference solution, and got some good results testing against a variety of kits. I think the Hanna standards are very useful for the checkers, but for others, this should be very useful. This will act as a good reference against alk, calcium, magnesium, conductivity, phosphate, and a few other types of tests. These should be on order very shortly, and hopefully should be on the website in the near future!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@yellojello Yes, we do have some good news. We've tested the Fauna Marin Multi Reference solution, and got some good results testing against a variety of kits. I think the Hanna standards are very useful for the checkers, but for others, this should be very useful. This will act as a good reference against alk, calcium, magnesium, conductivity, phosphate, and a few other types of tests. These should be on order very shortly, and hopefully should be on the website in the near future!
This is great news. The Hanna standards are great at checking the accuracy of the sensors but don't verify the accuracy of the reagents. I'll be excited to use the Multi Reference solution on all of my Hanna checkers.

Back