protein skimmer not creating bubbles?

Wick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all, my S-120 S-Series Premier Protein Skimmer (40 - 120 Gal) - Eshopps isn't producing bubbles anymore but does push water up, not high enough to even top the cup. think i may need a new pump? i'm not sure of the age but looks older as the writing on the skimmer is wearing off. time to replace the pump?

OP
OP
Wick

Wick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open up and clean the pump and see if that helps before replacing it.
i will try a do a better job of this. watching youtube too atm and a guy cleaned out some of the tubing that helped him fix it. im going to try this as well! might have saved a nice chunk of money! i will report back tomorrow for everyone in case anyone else has this problem! =)

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you!
My just stopped producing bubble also... What is the part you mention that is clogged? I will take mine out and clean it but where does the air enter from anyway? Not sure where it is jammed?

thanks!!

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it is most likely the air feed is clogged. There is a possibility that the needles on the impeller have worn due to cavitation or debris being sucked into your skimmer pump. Luckily new impellers are available for most models

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back