*** R2R Secret Santa 2021 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? United States
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Patience, but I don't think that's something anyone can send me lol. Let's go with mini Reece's Peanut butter cups
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? I spend my weekends at a horse barn
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? I own a horse. I ride in jumping competitions throughout the spring/summer
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? I have young kids; the work is never done lol. I like to watch my tanks or watch TV with my family
  6. Do you collect anything? Not at this time
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Country
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? The interactions between the fish. I also love to watch the BTAs flowing in the current
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Seeing all the different fish and "talking" to the people I've met on R2R
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? YES!!! My 75g is a predominantly anemone tank. I have BTAs currently, but I want to add RFAs and Mini Maxis
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah, I too not sure how to make a wishlist. I dont want any of the suggested elf site items- That much I know
Also, if you don't want to use elfster for the wishlist, make a thread here and send a link to Santa. That should work just as well. :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Also, if you don't want to use elfster for the wishlist, make a thread here and send a link to Santa. That should work just as well. :)
Thank you. Sent to santa

Joshcom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum
Joshcom

*** R2R Secret Santa 2021 is HERE!! Get registered!! ***​

Next
JUMP TO NEWWATCH
[IMG alt="Santa Claus"]https://www.reef2reef.com/data/avatars/m/111/111604.jpg?1542333010[/IMG]

Santa Claus

Moderator​

Review score +0 /0 /-0
Super Moderator

R2R Supporter

R2R Secret Santa 2021
secret santa.jpg

Ho! Ho! Ho!! Let's get this party started!! It's our 2021 Secret Santa for Reef2Reef!!

Those of you who've joined us before know how much fun this will be, and for those of you joining us for the first time, you're in for a treat! This is going to be a great time to spread Christmas joy!!

I mean lots of us have family and friends who just don't get this crazy hobby of ours, and let's face it, they're probably more likely to get you another pair of socks than that thing you really want for your reef hobby... ;) But this gift exchange will be different because it's FOR REEFERS BY REEFERS! This will be lots of fun for everyone!!

Here is how it will work:
  • Requirements to participate:
    • At least 18 years of age (only exceptions to this will be participants who have been part of our Secret Santa before)
    • At least 14 days as a member of R2R
    • At least 10 posts on R2R
  • Gift requirement: AT LEAST $25 value and a splash of Christmas joy! (more on this below)
  • As you sign up, you'll get a link to the gift exchange on Elfster (it's the Secret Santa exchange website/app that we use to organize the gift exchange) where you'll need to register and create your own wishlist for your Secret Santa.*
  • Secret Santas will be assigned in batches of 75 (so we'll be monitoring this number as you guys sign up). The final matchup will take place on November 21st for those who aren't matched before then.
  • Buy or make gifts and ship them by December 4, 2021.
  • Delivery tracking is mandatory and will need to be sent to @Santa Claus and/or updated in Elfster.
  • International Participation: This year's Secret Santa will have 3 groups for those outside the US: 1) Canadian participants, 2) European participants, and 3) other international participants. While we wish that we had enough international participation to allow all participants to only send to members within their own country, that simply isn't feasible, so please be aware of the possibility that you may need to ship internationally to participate outside the US or Canada.
Here are a few guidelines for this year:
  1. Please, PLEASE, be sure your R2R username is entered on your Elfster profile as your nickname. This really does help your Secret Santa to find you on Reef2Reef and get better gift giving ideas.
  2. This is an event that is meant to spread Christmas joy, so we're asking all participants to try to make this special for whoever you receive. While we realize that this may look different for everyone, we're asking participants to avoid sending $25 e-gift cards as your only gift.
  3. All participants MUST make a post or send a message acknowledging their gift and thanking whoever their Secret Santa is. Most of you do this anyway, so I don't think it's a problem to ask. However, due to some situations we've run into before, we're making this a requirement this year. We'll start a Thank You thread specifically for this and link it here.
  4. About Elfster wishlists: We ask that you be conscious of the fact that the minimum gift amount of $25 should be the "expected" amount for your gift. Therefore, put at least 5 or 6 items that fall into that amount. No Secret Santa should feel obligated to give more than the $25 amount (though you are certainly welcome to give more). More about wishlists is included below.
  5. Your gift MUST be sent by December 4th. Now, we realize things can happen, and we're always willing to work with participants. However, if your gift has not been shipped and confirmation/tracking info sent to Santa by December 11, 2021, you may be banned from participating in future Secret Santa exchanges on Reef2Reef.
  6. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in not being allowed future participation in Secret Santa gift exchanges. (We're really not expecting to remove anyone, but we do reserve the right to do so if a participant does not engage in the spirit of this gift exchange.)
All R2R Secret Santa participants will receive a special Secret Santa banner under their username.

To sign up, you will need to do these 2 things (PLEASE DO BOTH):
  1. PM @Santa Claus with your contact information (name, email, and country you're located in so that we can PM you the link to sign up on Elfster and join the gift exchange).
  2. Post in this thread with your answers to the questionnaire (see below) IN THIS THREAD (this is our official registration thread).
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in?canada
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Inverts
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Play games
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Cars, animals, games
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? SLEEP
  6. Do you collect anything? Hotwheels, hockey cards
  7. What is your favorite color? Yellow
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? Bill and Ted's adventures
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Most types
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Toronto maple leafs
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My clowns
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? The fish
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes, inverts
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* yes.

MamaP

View Badges
Reaction score
@Santa Claus is it OK if we share a few more details in this thread? There were some questions last year that were very helpful to your Secret-Santa-Helper-Elves, such as our shirt size, favorite snack foods, favorite candies, etc. Can we make the request for all the participants to drop that and any additional info here, or should we PM you if we want more intel?

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@Santa Claus is it OK if we share a few more details in this thread? There were some questions last year that were very helpful to your Secret-Santa-Helper-Elves, such as our shirt size, favorite snack foods, favorite candies, etc. Can we make the request for all the participants to drop that and any additional info here, or should we PM you if we want more intel?
I asked that in the last thread. I would just PM to get more information, would probably be the easiest!

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yeah, I too not sure how to make a wishlist. I dont want any of the suggested elf site items- That much I know
You can search the things and add comments about it like “brs has a sale and it’s way cheaper there” or in my case for the Amazon chocolate I wrote “not the truckload that Amazon sells, just an idea”

TroutWithLegs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? I always need more tanks. And frag plugs, those never last.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? When I'm not working I try to be out on the boat fishing, diving, or something, or I'll be up in the mountains hiking.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Aside from reefing, I build custom fishing rods, love fishing, diving, surfing, fossil hunting, reading, and cars.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? A good shower, then cook dinner and watch the tank for a bit.
  6. Do you collect anything? Only thing I'd call a collection is shark teeth, but I have been accumulating paintings of fish recently.
  7. What is your favorite color? Blue.
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? I've been re-watching House, Seinfeld, and the Sopranos this year.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Never really grew out of my middle school emo/punk phase, but I'll listen to just about anything now.
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? No
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? I love my fire shrimp, and my wrasses and basslets are always entertaining.
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? New corals, new lights, new equipment, new tech, new tanks lol. I work in the public aquarium industry, and my favorite thing is when I get to build new tanks and new exhibits, so building new tanks and displays, and systems always gets me excited.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes! I cant say yes to any fish. But I always love weird and wild Favias, Brains, and recently I've started collecting Acros and Stylocoenellia.
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes I would be, but I'd much rather do something like buy a gift certificate for WWC or JKR than ship myself.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?
    USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Iodine, ICP test kits. Hanna Alk and Po4 reagents.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Work on my tanks and detail my Camaro or play golf as well as go out for nice dinners and spend time with my girlfriend.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
    Detailing, golf, freshwater Discus and rare plecos.

5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watching and looking at corals and fish or my discus. As well as playing golf
  6. Do you collect anything?
    Coral, Adam’s Polishes detail sprays
  7. What is your favorite color?
    Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
    Ford V. Ferrari
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
    pop and rap
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?
    yes, Pittsburgh Penguins and PGA Golf
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Feeding my Nexus Burst nem
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Watching frags grow to colony’s
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes, coral
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes I am willing to ship livestock.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in?
    USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Iodine, ICP test kits. Hanna Alk and Po4 reagents.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Work on my tanks and detail my Camaro or play golf as well as go out for nice dinners and spend time with my girlfriend.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests?
    Detailing, golf, freshwater Discus and rare plecos.

5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Watching and looking at corals and fish or my discus. As well as playing golf
  6. Do you collect anything?
    Coral, Adam’s Polishes detail sprays
  7. What is your favorite color?
    Blue
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again?
    Ford V. Ferrari
  9. What type of music do you listen to?
    pop and rap
  10. Do you follow any sports teams?
    yes, Pittsburgh Penguins and PGA Golf
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? Feeding my Nexus Burst nem
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Watching frags grow to colony’s
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes, coral
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes I am willing to ship livestock.
I LOVE THAT MOVIE.

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Secret Santa Questionnaire:
  1. What country are you located in? Norway
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Coral Glue, Salt and Corals.
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Quality time with the fam.
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Star Wars, Photo/Video, training, design.
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? Gaming
  6. Do you collect anything? Corals and Star Wars Lego.
  7. What is your favorite color? Olive Green
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The Office, Punisher, Stranger Things, Star Wars 1-6.
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Good music
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? UFC/MMA
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? the peace
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Corals and new gear.
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Corals!
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* Yes

ELM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
On the off chance that this is still open (Santa isn't responding -- must be prepping the turkey)....

1. What country are you located in? US
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? STABILITY (IN THE TANK AND IN MY LIFE, LOL)
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? CATCH UP ON TANK MAINTENANCE
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? SHOOTING POOL
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? SIT IN FRONT OF THE TANKS
  6. Do you collect anything? GONIS
  7. What is your favorite color? TEAL
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? BREAKING BAD
  9. What type of music do you listen to? ALL KINDS OF GOOD MUSIC, ESP JAZZ
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? IGGLES! (PHILLY EAGLES, FOR THOSE OF YOU OUT OF THE AREA)
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? HAPPY CORALS
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? AQUACULTURE
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? ANYTHING EASY
  14. Are you willing to ship livestock (could be either by sending it yourself or by purchasing from a vendor and having it sent)? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock* SURE

Pyr0FoX77

View Badges
Reaction score
  1. What country are you located in? USA
  2. What is one thing you always need more of? Wrasses and Acans
  3. What do you like to do on the weekends? Tank Maintenance, Rock Climbing, Trail Running and other outdoorsy stuff
  4. What are your other hobbies/interests? Warhammer 40K, Anything outdoors and reefkeeping
  5. How do you relax after a long day at work? A glass of scotch and admire my tank
  6. Do you collect anything? Acans
  7. What is your favorite color? Orange
  8. What is one TV show or movie you can watch over and over again? The Office
  9. What type of music do you listen to? Metal, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, EDM and a few others
  10. Do you follow any sports teams? Colorado Avalanche, Arizona Coyotes, Pittsburgh Steelers
  11. What's your favorite thing to watch in your tank? My Anemones that continue to split, acans and my yellow watchman goby
  12. What gets you excited in the reef hobby? Technology and Coral
  13. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? Yes, I would be interested in zoas, acans and a red fin fairy wrasse

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You can search the things and add comments about it like “brs has a sale and it’s way cheaper there” or in my case for the Amazon chocolate I wrote “not the truckload that Amazon sells, just an idea”

Didn't even THINK to put chocolate on my wishlist... updating wishlist on Elfster!

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Absolutely!! Everyone, please share your t-shirt sizes and favorite snack foods! #R2RSecretSanta

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back