R2R Secret Santa for 2021 will be starting soon!! Who wants to join the fun?

Who's planning to be part of the R2R Secret Santa fun this year??

• I'm in!!! Can't wait to get started!!

Votes: 134 77.0%
  • Maybe... I'm still deciding...

Votes: 35 20.1%
  • Not me. I can't join in this year.

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a good question... Does every gift given get a gift in return or can I "donate" a few things just for the cause?

I asked mods about doing this before and I believe the program randomly matches members so when you sign up someone will end up getting you as their recipient.

Might be worth a thought, but there are usually a few naughty santas for one reason or another and some are left without gifts. You could volunteer to be a Secondary Santa :)

Id like to but need a little more information

for fellow Canadians . What’s the price range
And are gifts all reef related ?

Price these last few years has been up to the gifters. With a Minimum purchase of $20 I believe.

You mean we have to drive?:oops:;Hilarious

car GIF

Hint:rolleyes::D

Hummm, Not sure where to find those black and white striped poles, BUT you seem rater interested So I'll track'em down and pass that along to your SS. ;Bookworm ;Writing

I look forward to this every year. I don’t want to do tiers because I’ve been very fortunate this year and want to spoil the crap outta someone!

With that fortune came me having to tear down my big tank so I can live in a camper while we build a house. Only my 5 gallon setup (all of it secret Santa gifts!) can fit and I won’t know my physical address until who-knows-when, so can only receive mail through my post office box. I don’t mind getting someone that is only able to send treats!! I don’t have room for much else

Any chance you or your significant other could have something delivered to your place of work? Most businesses don't seem to be bothered by it much.

Amtaylor417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the leaves, they are a-changin', and the smell of pumpkin spice is in the air (it's coming from every coffee shop around every corner), and cold weather is even starting to hit in some places (or so I hear...I live in southern California...). ...and there's a new buzz getting started around Reef2Reef...something about our R2R SECRET SANTA gift exchange getting started soon!!

It's a time when reefers come together to give gifts that other reefers will truly appreciate. I mean, come on, your family won't know what to get you for your hobby, so you'll probably just end up with a new pair of Nemo and Dory socks from them... But that's why I love our R2R Secret Santa gift exchange. It's always fun to see the gifts start arriving, and especially those gifts that show creativity and that attention to detail...gifts that only a reefer could understand and create! I love putting together a gift that another reefer will love!! Seeing our community get to know one another and interact with generosity is always a huge lift to my Christmas spirit!

So, now I've got a couple of questions:

1) Are YOU planning to participate?? :cool: If so, definitely vote "YES" in our poll above, and I'd suggest you also go ahead and be sure you're subscribed to the #R2RSecretSanta hashtag so you don't miss anything as the official announcements are made!

2) Are there any suggestions you'd like to make as we are starting the planning process? What would you like to see us incorporate or plan for?**

*I know one question that's always asked is "Can international members participate?" The answer is absolutely, "YES!" We've learned how to pair people up by countries and regions (reefers in the USA matched with others from the USA, Canada with Canada, UK with UK, etc.), and we do that to the best of our ability. International members with few members in their region will be paired with international members of other regions.

**Some of our participants from last year filled out a feedback form, and we are paying attention to that as well, but even if you filled out that form, let us know any additional cool ideas you may have.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED!!
I would love to. But, unfortunately I just can't afford it this year. And it wouldn't be fair to who I was paired with. Hopefully next year though!

Mystery Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure what the guidelines for secret Santa are but it sounds great. Is there a min./max purchase price? Is there a guide @Daniel@R2R

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rumor has it that Santa will be posting the registration thread today. ;)

bryan.geo1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure this has been asked and answered but I can't find it. How do people get matched? Like do people get matched in their own cities? I don't really see myself sending a package to New York and I live in California. If possible I don't really want to send a package.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm pretty sure this has been asked and answered but I can't find it. How do people get matched? Like do people get matched in their own cities? I don't really see myself sending a package to New York and I live in California. If possible I don't really want to send a package.
Sorry. This will almost certainly be a mailing exchange.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bumping this up for extra exposure. Deadline to register in the above thread is November 21st. I almost missed it cause I rarely look in the forums just most recent

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I missed it in the other thread, but I am confused. Once you sent Santa a PM, is he supposed to reply with the link to set up your Elfster account, or are we supposed to go on there ourselves?

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe I missed it in the other thread, but I am confused. Once you sent Santa a PM, is he supposed to reply with the link to set up your Elfster account, or are we supposed to go on there ourselves?
Santa will be replying via pm.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back