Radion Pro or Pro blue

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to make a switch from AI to Radions G5.
Pro or Pro blue?

MuscleBobBuffPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought pros because they have more white light and I’m not really a fan of the super blue look. I’ve heard that both will grow coral fantastically though.

OP
OP
Weevo

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought pros because they have more white light and I’m not really a fan of the super blue look. I’ve heard that both will grow coral fantastically though.
Can you get a decent amount of blues from the pros

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The blues are really blue and fish colors looked terrible IMO. I went with the Pros and liked them a lot more.

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both Fixtures are Great! If you plan on running AB+ schedule on your tank and that only. The blue Model would be your go to. It will produce that spectrum of light with all channels evenly set. You would then only adjust Intensity.

Living Reef Orlando

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We use the Blues to grow coral at our aquaculture farm. The Pros we use in our retail store as they don't drown out fish colors! If you want a wider range of color options I recommend the pros!

Adambirk7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the pro and run a modified wwc schedule. But for a majority of my day it is only blues on with 8 percent cool white. But yes the pros can get very blue.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We use the Blues to grow coral at our aquaculture farm. The Pros we use in our retail store as they don't drown out fish colors! If you want a wider range of color options I recommend the pros!
Facing this dilemma myself. One of the things I dislike about my Reefled 90s is how drab the fish look at 23k, but how washed out the corals look at 15 or 20k. So what @Living Reef Orlando says about the fish pop with pros definitely is something I’m thinking about. Then again I like to see the corals really pop too.

I do like how the tanks in the store look with the pros. Everything seems to pop. How are you guys running them?

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a post long time ago about this, if you want to know the differences:

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the blues and am ditching the AI. They arrive tomorrow. The pro scares me a little.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well ended up stopping by @Living Reef Orlando today and picking up a couple of XR15 pros. I did have a moment in store where I was leaning blues, but ultimately went pro. We’ll see how they go!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back