radions for my 75gallon

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2017
Messages
1,440
Reaction score
1,038
Location
Bloomington, IN
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I AM SETTING UP A 48' 75 GALLON REEF TANK. I currently have a radion xr30 pro gen 4. Should I keep this and order another one for another $800 or would I be able to trade it for 3 xr15 pro gen4's and would those 3 be enough to cover my tank?
 
It depends what you are trying to grow in your tank? Softies and LPS you could do it with Xr15s. SPS I would probably get a second 30.
 
Three XR15s would be sufficient for anything you want to grow in there provided it's a standard 75g (48x18x21). If you have a canopy that hides the arrays, you could pick up an XR15 and mount it next to the XR30 (unless your OCD kicks in).
 
I do have a canopy and plan to mount the lights directly to the lid. just having trouble seeing if I want 2 gen4's, 2 xr 30 gen 3's or 3 xr15
 
The 15s will give you the most flexibility in regard to placement but would add additional cords over a pair of 30s if you went that route. I'd go with the three 15s and if you decided for some reason down that road that you needed a fourth, it would be a simple addition (I'm pretty confident the three would work out well for you though).
 
On that shallow of a tank 3 of the XR15's would work great.
 
On that shallow of a tank 3 of the XR15's would work great.

What would the depth matter? The XR15 has the same puck as the XR30; there is no difference in penetration.
 
What would the depth matter? The XR15 has the same puck as the XR30; there is no difference in penetration.
I guess it doesn't matter. But I'm still saying 3 XR15's would be better, due to the fact the pucks would be spread out more and the intensity could be lowered.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new