OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Beauty are hardy, I hope he comes back my friend. In the other hand, the Apex is very handy, one of the best things you can do for your tank.
Apex just for this one incident was worth it. Being able to turn stuff on and off remote is huge.
it’s second apex save well worth investment to have something that can have your back. Apex or other device. I’ll not run a tank without ever.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another rumble in the jungle as it got real physical in the tank.
Achilles and FF went from friends to Achilles beating him down and FF hiding
FF came out good for a week
Today Achilles put his big boy pants on keeping FF away from seaweed. FF snapped started tail slapping body rubbing and finished with spikes full out pushed Achilles into rock and shanked him! Heck of a playground battle to see.
needless t say Achilles has 3 large perfectly spaced wounds and is keeping a very comfortable distance leaving the FF to enjoy the seaweed with the white tail.
Will have to watch ensure it’s healing well and med if needed.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you buddy? Any update?
Hey my friend Merry Christmas to you and yours. Everything’s running on automatic. Fish fat happy glass dirty lol its pretty normal.
looks like construction will be in spring so just enjoying it till tear down and move. Still hope to keep all fish and corals housed somewhere while the wrecking ball does it’s thing.
Still haven’t decided on new tank. The size I want from glass cages is need to arrange for pick up from freight terminal unless I drop size down fir lift gate truck.
Lot of tough decisions on funds allocation.
will try and get some pics soon or video. I have a green Chrimis that chases and nips the Achilles that’s 6x his size funny watching big guy running.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey my friend Merry Christmas to you and yours. Everything’s running on automatic. Fish fat happy glass dirty lol its pretty normal.
looks like construction will be in spring so just enjoying it till tear down and move. Still hope to keep all fish and corals housed somewhere while the wrecking ball does it’s thing.
Still haven’t decided on new tank. The size I want from glass cages is need to arrange for pick up from freight terminal unless I drop size down fir lift gate truck.
Lot of tough decisions on funds allocation.
will try and get some pics soon or video. I have a green Chrimis that chases and nips the Achilles that’s 6x his size funny watching big guy running.
Good to know the tank good amigo. I can imagine the Achilles trying to hide from a gang of chromis, LOL.

Merry Christmas!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crabby48 say hey sorry to say it’s almost closing time. The fish are great tho the Achilles is a bit of an a@@ lol.
going to be talking to LFS about picking up my tank innards and baby sitting fish rocks corals. If thats not possible hoping you or Scurvy can give ‘em a home.
will have
Achilles, White Tail, mated maroon clown pair and rather large LTA , blue green chromis, orchid dottyback, large terminal mal3 melanurus,and a large foxface in need of new swimming hole. Not to mention 500 lbs of gsp covering wall and one huge rock cpl small Zoa covered rocks ,xenia,and Kenya weed.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i Planned on moving reef down to a newly finished basement with fish room behind it. Kinda sad at thought of starting from scratch again tho if I can’t put what I gave in holding somewhere. Will see how it rolls would love a few hundred gallons downstairs…….

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Crabby48 say hey sorry to say it’s almost closing time. The fish are great tho the Achilles is a bit of an a@@ lol.
going to be talking to LFS about picking up my tank innards and baby sitting fish rocks corals. If thats not possible hoping you or Scurvy can give ‘em a home.
will have
Achilles, White Tail, mated maroon clown pair and rather large LTA , blue green chromis, orchid dottyback, large terminal mal3 melanurus,and a large foxface in need of new swimming hole. Not to mention 500 lbs of gsp covering wall and one huge rock cpl small Zoa covered rocks ,xenia,and Kenya weed.

Oh wow taking it down?

Several months ago I took down my only tank, the 400g basement tank, due to selling the house. Well the house is taking longer to sell and I'm so missing the corals and fish. It is super weird though not feeding fish or hearing water for the first time in almost 20 years!

Are you set on no tank at all?

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow taking it down?

Several months ago I took down my only tank, the 400g basement tank, due to selling the house. Well the house is taking longer to sell and I'm so missing the corals and fish. It is super weird though not feeding fish or hearing water for the first time in almost 20 years!

Are you set on no tank at all?
@revhtree the wife and I want a tank for sure. We’ve decided on what’s getting done priority wise with our renovation and only thing in air is tank size.
I originally wanted an 8x2.5x2.5 footer with attached fish room back. A structural check on any additional support needed for changes wanted will determine what we go with.
We love the sound and sight of a tank to calming to give up.
It’s gonna be sad if I can’t keep the livestock and corals. Would be so cool seeing them explore new spaces and claim their territories.
Good Lord willing well stretch the budget to get everything on wishlist, but one way or another gonna stay salty

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost cleaned the glass of corallihe……..celebratory kinda FTS from the couch lol
nite the weeds are extremely happy gsp half back wall and half side wall covered,Xenia outta control in arch rock and upper filter Box and Kenya tree ….well it’s everywhere the eye can see.I can5 pull,it out faster than it drops babies to spread
AFC4093E-F600-4F90-9ECA-5A0A8D596145.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dodged a cold snap bullet with the tank. At negative 12 degrees lost power wrapped tank up and hoped this wouldn't be how I closed it down. I run tank at 76 degrees and once power was restored it had dropped to 71.4. It’s been on rebound all day slowly getting it back to my range and seems everyone is happy still.
in fact the weeds looked more vibrant than usual…. Go figure glad still have a chance to move em my way

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dodged a cold snap bullet with the tank. At negative 12 degrees lost power wrapped tank up and hoped this wouldn't be how I closed it down. I run tank at 76 degrees and once power was restored it had dropped to 71.4. It’s been on rebound all day slowly getting it back to my range and seems everyone is happy still.
in fact the weeds looked more vibrant than usual…. Go figure glad still have a chance to move em my way
Yikes! I’m always afraid of that.. glad it worked out in the end

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Victoria M Hey There! the wife and I are doing pretty good. We’re on a health lifestyle mission together. We’ve been doing aqua aerobics, tai chi combined with yoga, and just started working with a trainer. Been a crazy cpl years but backs getting stronger and we’re almost ready to test the healthier Us’s out on a vaca :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

The tanks coasting maybe a month till it’s gotta be down :( Hoping some old friends from here can take the livestock. Rather they take for free so I know they have good homes and I’ll still see em in pics.
Going to be tough love the stock I have specially my Achilles and Fox but what can ya do.

It may be a while for next tank as it’s part of second phase when I can get basement done and ya never know what surprises we’ll find in the walls.
will for sure tag y’all when its cranked up tho

Hope you and yours are well and staying Salty :cool:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back