Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
busted-by-the-tang-police-mens-premium-t-shirt.jpg
I'm sorry couldn't resist. Your tank looks beautiful
I’ve got a work around! I take the screen tops of a few hours each day so they have more room to maneuver. It’s like watching a dolphin show :p

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG, I disappeared for a long time. Ray my friend your tank looks wonderful. When did you get the tangs?

You always have very cool fish!

P.S. Did you watch Kenobi?
Ty kind sir. Got the tangs about 7 weeks ago more reasons to get upgraded
As for Kenobi I did watch it. As a star wars geek it was….ok. How they fit it in timeline was iffy and Bens early behavior and disconnect with force seemed off at least to me.
I could go geeking more but don5 want to give anything away to those who havent watched yet

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty kind sir. Got the tangs about 7 weeks ago more reasons to get upgraded
As for Kenobi I did watch it. As a star wars geek it was….ok. How they fit it in timeline was iffy and Bens early behavior and disconnect with force seemed off at least to me.
I could go geeking more but don5 want to give anything away to those who havent watched yet
As a SW fan I was not sure at the beginning of the series but the last 2 episodes were very cool. As everyone loved the last fight, Hayden’s performance was incredible.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks it’s been about 6 weeks with the 3rd round of dinos. Happy to say that last couple strands are gone with yesterdays water change and full d sand bed vacuuming.
I used Microbactor 7 and Clean in beginning to get a jump on it then went heavy water changes. Nutrients surprise I went overboard after bottoming out are still high no3 30 and po4 .8 but cyano hasn’t returned yet today so hopefully will be back on track with another large water change in cpl days.Will probably do smaller scale water changes after this next one every cpl days testing between.
Zoas are popping like crazy again and fish still fat and happy.
will get a video soon.
Stay Salty

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks it’s been about 6 weeks with the 3rd round of dinos. Happy to say that last couple strands are gone with yesterdays water change and full d sand bed vacuuming.
I used Microbactor 7 and Clean in beginning to get a jump on it then went heavy water changes. Nutrients surprise I went overboard after bottoming out are still high no3 30 and po4 .8 but cyano hasn’t returned yet today so hopefully will be back on track with another large water change in cpl days.Will probably do smaller scale water changes after this next one every cpl days testing between.
will get a video soon.
Stay Salty
Looking forward for the video Ray. Dinos are pain in %#* but you will prevail, if the are photo sensitive, you may want to try a 3 or 4 days blackout.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
will get a video soon.
Stay Salty

Hard to beat the feeling of looking at your tank CLEAN after such an intense battle with Dinos or any other algae for that matter. Congrats!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward for the video Ray. Dinos are pain in %#* but you will prevail, if the are photo sensitive, you may want to try a 3 or 4 days blackout.
Thanks my friend. It’s stayed pretty clean so far and with next large wc in two days hope to avoid blackout. Need to watch m6 finned friends swim
Hard to beat the feeling of looking at your tank CLEAN after such an intense battle with Dinos or any other algae for that matter. Congrats!
Thanks Rev. 3 timer hope lesson really learned this time and I don’t get lazy or let back stop me from doing the maintenance again……..:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the good bad and ugly of my slice of ocean. Need to get consistent on husbandry before the upgrade

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy Moly! I blew by 3000 posts. In the span of this thread I ran giveaways at 1k and 2k to celebrate dropping gift cards to fellow reefers.
since I missed the opportunity I decided to find a build thread started on the date we hit the 3k mark here.

@ReeferRon if your so inclined pm me your name and email and I’ll get a Brs gift to ya for 50 bucks :)

This thread won’t hit another milestone as we are coasting towards an upgrade and kinda like this as a way to mark the 3k posts and 110,000 views :eek: over 4 years.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now for something completely different my version midnight French toast

IMG_20220718_092353_01.jpg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there fellow saltaholics
Had a war for dominance. Not sure who fired the first shots as they had all settled in. Results were FF and coral beauty hiding out together left side hardly venturing out. After almost a week FF realized he’s bigger than everyone and has spikes…..
He came out and while still not top fish he earned some respect.
Was something seeing him let tangs know that he was getting his fill. Started pushing others away with his body tail slaps and occasional spike moves.
Order is back but seems at a cost. The coral beauty has been Mia now where at least before she was darting and swimming the back wall. Ive been surprised before but git a bad feeling.

For you old folks like me going to pull a Colombo “just one more thing”
while I was coming home from a Dr appt wife tells me nem detached got sucked into gyre lost a few tips before she pushed it back to sand.
nem hasn’t moved in a longish while but it has bounced a bit staying in general location. I had adjusted 4 different flow patterns for acros and tank cleaning thru hydros. As luck wo7kd have It or “Murphy” it walked during full gyre clean mode cycle.
I was able to stop gyres remotely on phone with apex and get home to adjust flow rates and check damage.
Swapped some water and looks like everyone’s ok.
saw about 4 tips floating around as pictured below
D16F3C68-9EE4-46E5-B951-E4947ABFB372.jpeg
AB2E5F43-AE8E-4C31-B364-043FC9449DA7.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there fellow saltaholics
Had a war for dominance. Not sure who fired the first shots as they had all settled in. Results were FF and coral beauty hiding out together left side hardly venturing out. After almost a week FF realized he’s bigger than everyone and has spikes…..
He came out and while still not top fish he earned some respect.
Was something seeing him let tangs know that he was getting his fill. Started pushing others away with his body tail slaps and occasional spike moves.
Order is back but seems at a cost. The coral beauty has been Mia now where at least before she was darting and swimming the back wall. Ive been surprised before but git a bad feeling.

For you old folks like me going to pull a Colombo “just one more thing”
while I was coming home from a Dr appt wife tells me nem detached got sucked into gyre lost a few tips before she pushed it back to sand.
nem hasn’t moved in a longish while but it has bounced a bit staying in general location. I had adjusted 4 different flow patterns for acros and tank cleaning thru hydros. As luck wo7kd have It or “Murphy” it walked during full gyre clean mode cycle.
I was able to stop gyres remotely on phone with apex and get home to adjust flow rates and check damage.
Swapped some water and looks like everyone’s ok.
saw about 4 tips floating around as pictured below
D16F3C68-9EE4-46E5-B951-E4947ABFB372.jpeg
AB2E5F43-AE8E-4C31-B364-043FC9449DA7.jpeg
Hopefully the CB is just hiding. They are good at that.

For the nem, as long as no damage to foot, it will heal. If for some reason it starts looking bad, hit me up and will walk you through treating it.

PanchoG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Beauty are hardy, I hope he comes back my friend. In the other hand, the Apex is very handy, one of the best things you can do for your tank.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully the CB is just hiding. They are good at that.

For the nem, as long as no damage to foot, it will heal. If for some reason it starts looking bad, hit me up and will walk you through treating it.
Thanks appreciate that. Audrey’s on the mend it looks slowly expanding again :face-with-head-bandage:.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 58 39.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back