Raege's 75 Gallon Adventure

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by Raege, Jun 2, 2018.

?

Green Hair Algae battleplan?

This poll will close on May 29, 2020 at 10:10 PM.
  1. GFO Nopox and patience

42.3%
  2. Pull rocks full scrub replace

46.2%
  3. Chem warfare and remove and scrub then replace

7.7%
  4. Chem warfare brush rock in tank

3.8%
  1. Fudsey

Fudsey Jack of all trades R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor NHFS Member

I take what they say with a grain of salt. Remember, they are trying to sell you something ;)

2. thejuice24

thejuice24 Active Member Build Thread Contributor

Think about the fact that’s all creatures that will die and add no3 and p04 back into the system, once they starve, cause you added so many. Or 2 when the crabs start eating the snail cause their hungry or want new shells.....vicious cycle

3. najer

najer Valuable Member

Looking very nice and as above, way too many cuc imo.

;Spam

DSC_0003 (1024x689).jpg

4. Raege

Raege Smart enough to know what I don’t know R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Oooh love me some Simon spam in the morning. Love the color
    As for cuc knew I didn’t have enough and if this is too much Nature will balance it out. But not till they chow some gha!

5. RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21 Do It Yourself. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

I'll take some :D

6. Raege

Raege Smart enough to know what I don’t know R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Hiya gang, Well I’m suffering from a lack of intelligence or ability to focus today. Plan was a 25 gallon water change and flush the nitrate reactor. Reality is I somehow mixed water to 1.045..... since I’m cheap bought another barrel to empty enough out yo reduce salinity in both to usable levels but need to make more rodi. I should have checked it last night or early this morning oh well.
    It’s a year wet now here’s then

upload_2019-6-9_15-4-29.jpeg

And now The rocks have been changed more times than I care to admit. I would still change them now but I’ve promised myself to try only getting hands wet when tank needs it.
    D37484D2-80E0-45BE-9390-5426FC1AE467.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    mmw64, Beth Villmow, najer and 6 others like this.
  7. Raege

Something pretty cool sighted in the tank

ABFBBE94-7D90-43B1-A737-C9C3A4D73716.jpeg
    Royal Gramma pair in back corner one of them is depositing these. Not a typical nest from what I’ve read but cool to see. I had thought snail but wife saw gramma deposit an egg in corner.

mmw64, najer, RichtheReefer21 and 5 others like this.
  8. Raege

Posted in breeding forums to see if somebody has any tips to help these eggs have a chance. Pretty cool seeing the gramma drop egg on glass. If anyone can recommend any reading or sources to check please drop a line here thanks #reefsquad

najer, RichtheReefer21, Janci and 4 others like this.
  9. norfolkgarden

norfolkgarden Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019

Congrats on the Grammas!
    Beautiful fish.

10. Janci

Janci Staghorns will prevail R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Happy anniversary!!
    The tank made a cool conversion so far!
    Love it.

11. RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21 Do It Yourself. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Great progression shot ray! The colors are eye-catching. Had to zoom in and look at each area. I'll try to stop by this week with ur dendro frag.

NY_Caveman, Raege, najer and 2 others like this.
  12. najer

najer Valuable Member

Very nice. :)

... oops!

DSC_0004 (1024x696).jpg

13. Raege

Love it! Simon you have free run to oops all you want love the eye candy my friend

14. Fudsey

Fudsey Jack of all trades R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor NHFS Member

Want ! !

15. Beth Villmow

Beth Villmow Member

We use a woodburner for heat in the winter and I have to add 1 1/2 g a day to my 75g. Yup, I get tired of adding by hand but I think it helps keep my rocks from getting full of detritus.

16. Raege

Hi @Beth Villmow thanks for checking my thread. Ill never go back to hand adds on ato the stability in salinity is worth it to me and time saved.Once or twice aweek and done. For the rocks the turkey baster and tooth brush are my weapons of choice :)

17. Beth Villmow

Beth Villmow Member

Glad it turned out ok for you! At first when I was reading your post I wondered why you would run 2 heaters in a 75g and then your words made sense, run both in case one dies, duh! I had that happen to me 2yrs ago. It was the middle of a very cold winter and by the time I figured what was wrong I had lost all my corals were gone except for my ginormous peach toadstool.

najer, NY_Caveman and Raege like this.
  18. Raege

Please read the following in a John Madden voice ;) I’ve always dreamed of using the telestrator like him

So right there you can see sticking out an arm from under the ledge. That arm belongs to the thing the arms attached to right there. You can see the attached arm but not the body as it’s under the ledge and that’s why you see what you can see of Barry the Brittle Star

6C676683-93E9-4EC2-846D-30202A9D7D3D.jpeg

norfolkgarden, najer, Fudsey and 2 others like this.
  19. RichtheReefer21

Making demands.

Video of u ACTUALLY doing it in a Madden voice ;)

20. NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman "listen to the colour of your dreams” R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Hospitality Award

Ha! That was great, @Raege

Draft saved Draft deleted