Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking very nice and as above, way too many cuc imo.

;Spam

DSC_0003 (1024x689).jpg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking very nice and as above, way too many cuc imo.

;Spam

DSC_0003 (1024x689).jpg
Oooh love me some Simon spam in the morning. Love the color
As for cuc knew I didn’t have enough and if this is too much Nature will balance it out. But not till they chow some gha!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooh love me some Simon spam in the morning. Love the color
As for cuc knew I didn’t have enough and if this is too much Nature will balance it out. But not till they chow some gha!

I'll take some :D

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya gang, Well I’m suffering from a lack of intelligence or ability to focus today. Plan was a 25 gallon water change and flush the nitrate reactor. Reality is I somehow mixed water to 1.045..... since I’m cheap bought another barrel to empty enough out yo reduce salinity in both to usable levels but need to make more rodi. I should have checked it last night or early this morning oh well.
It’s a year wet now here’s then

upload_2019-6-9_15-4-29.jpeg

And now The rocks have been changed more times than I care to admit. I would still change them now but I’ve promised myself to try only getting hands wet when tank needs it.
D37484D2-80E0-45BE-9390-5426FC1AE467.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something pretty cool sighted in the tank

ABFBBE94-7D90-43B1-A737-C9C3A4D73716.jpeg

Royal Gramma pair in back corner one of them is depositing these. Not a typical nest from what I’ve read but cool to see. I had thought snail but wife saw gramma deposit an egg in corner.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted in breeding forums to see if somebody has any tips to help these eggs have a chance. Pretty cool seeing the gramma drop egg on glass. If anyone can recommend any reading or sources to check please drop a line here thanks #reefsquad

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something pretty cool sighted in the tank

ABFBBE94-7D90-43B1-A737-C9C3A4D73716.jpeg

Royal Gramma pair in back corner one of them is depositing these. Not a typical nest from what I’ve read but cool to see. I had thought snail but wife saw gramma deposit an egg in corner.
Congrats on the Grammas!
Beautiful fish.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya gang, Well I’m suffering from a lack of intelligence or ability to focus today. Plan was a 25 gallon water change and flush the nitrate reactor. Reality is I somehow mixed water to 1.045..... since I’m cheap bought another barrel to empty enough out yo reduce salinity in both to usable levels but need to make more rodi. I should have checked it last night or early this morning oh well.
It’s a year wet now here’s then

upload_2019-6-9_15-4-29.jpeg

And now The rocks have been changed more times than I care to admit. I would still change them now but I’ve promised myself to try only getting hands wet when tank needs it.
D37484D2-80E0-45BE-9390-5426FC1AE467.jpeg

Great progression shot ray! The colors are eye-catching. Had to zoom in and look at each area. I'll try to stop by this week with ur dendro frag.

Beth Villmow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated parts list earlier in thread. Icecap ATO has failed me twice inc3 didn5 fill an$ again overfilled and flooded. BRS had awesome deal on Tunze ATO with optical and float switch so that’s on the way.
Filling daily stinks! I miss the ato........
Does anyone else notice huge difference in evap rates in winter? Guess it makes sense but amount I’ve been adding had me checking for leaks at first holy moly ;)
We use a woodburner for heat in the winter and I have to add 1 1/2 g a day to my 75g. Yup, I get tired of adding by hand but I think it helps keep my rocks from getting full of detritus.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use a woodburner for heat in the winter and I have to add 1 1/2 g a day to my 75g. Yup, I get tired of adding by hand but I think it helps keep my rocks from getting full of detritus.
Hi @Beth Villmow thanks for checking my thread. Ill never go back to hand adds on ato the stability in salinity is worth it to me and time saved.Once or twice aweek and done. For the rocks the turkey baster and tooth brush are my weapons of choice :)

Beth Villmow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a posting fool as of late but I dodged a bullet today and wanted to share in case someone just getting started happens to get this far.
Temp was down to 75 deg. in the tank one of my heaters went south. Luckily I had paid attention to others on R2R about having two heaters to avoid having zero heating and had back up heaters in house.
Temp us back to normal now but this is the push I needed to get a temp controller for even better control and temp consistency.
Looking at a few options but hope to get something ordered soon. Keep on keeping on all and happy reefing.
Raege in da cage
Glad it turned out ok for you! At first when I was reading your post I wondered why you would run 2 heaters in a 75g and then your words made sense, run both in case one dies, duh! I had that happen to me 2yrs ago. It was the middle of a very cold winter and by the time I figured what was wrong I had lost all my corals were gone except for my ginormous peach toadstool.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please read the following in a John Madden voice ;) I’ve always dreamed of using the telestrator like him

So right there you can see sticking out an arm from under the ledge. That arm belongs to the thing the arms attached to right there. You can see the attached arm but not the body as it’s under the ledge and that’s why you see what you can see of Barry the Brittle Star

6C676683-93E9-4EC2-846D-30202A9D7D3D.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please read the following in a John Madden voice ;) I’ve always dreamed of using the telestrator like him

So right there you can see sticking out an arm from under the ledge. That arm belongs to the thing the arms attached to right there. You can see the attached arm but not the body as it’s under the ledge and that’s why you see what you can see of Barry the Brittle Star

6C676683-93E9-4EC2-846D-30202A9D7D3D.jpeg
Making demands.

Video of u ACTUALLY doing it in a Madden voice ;)

Back