OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( Not a happy Sunday. Molly Miller Blenny is MIA. Saw him 2 days ago on a new lookout post as he had outgrown his favorite caves but seemed good on his new ledge. Haven’t seen him since and for him not a good sign. Every feeding time he would streak out strike and run back and forth. Add that to a plumbing leak I just spent couple hours tracking down and repairing = lousy Sunday. Miss his beady eyed stare and blue lips peeking at me before his high speed dashes across the tank.
Every one else happy the maroon is awesome yo watch feeding the anemone. No wonder it’s so big. Sunset drops him first choice of the fish frenzy that hurts the water. So cool watching the tentacles pull the offering to its mouth. Need a vid of that one of these days.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( Not a happy Sunday. Molly Miller Blenny is MIA. Saw him 2 days ago on a new lookout post as he had outgrown his favorite caves but seemed good on his new ledge. Haven’t seen him since and for him not a good sign. Every feeding time he would streak out strike and run back and forth. Add that to a plumbing leak I just spent couple hours tracking down and repairing = lousy Sunday. Miss his beady eyed stare and blue lips peeking at me before his high speed dashes across the tank.
Every one else happy the maroon is awesome yo watch feeding the anemone. No wonder it’s so big. Sunset drops him first choice of the fish frenzy that hurts the water. So cool watching the tentacles pull the offering to its mouth. Need a vid of that one of these days.

No like that that post :(

Hopefully he pops up. They're known to go mia for weeks. Months even. Maybe sunset nipped him and hes recovering.

I would love a video of the nem getting clown fed!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunday got better! Leak still fixed and Lenny came out to play :p he is flipping huge now must have found a home backside he fits in. Now it’s two days of work to get threw then 20 days vacation time! Not much planned except for day trippin and workin round house but even if every day rains it’s still not workin :cool:

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunday got better! Leak still fixed and Lenny came out to play :p he is flipping huge now must have found a home backside he fits in. Now it’s two days of work to get threw then 20 days vacation time! Not much planned except for day trippin and workin round house but even if every day rains it’s still not workin :cool:
Awesome news to read! Glad you day got better. 20 days vacation??? I'm jealous as heck. (But don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you too in that evil, need to be polite sort-of-way.:rolleyes:)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's all good across the board. A month of vacation. Mmmmmmm

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Salt Heads, numbers looking good except for nitrates. They have bounced up some then dropped with the occasional scrub of the rocks. Back at 50 nitrates and po4 0.08. Nitrate reactor has been up for two weeks still breaking in. I had been feeding reactor on the light side and just upped the dose so will see what comes in next few weeks.
Vacation starts tomorrow! Wwwwwwwwheeeeeee. Some r & r at the beach extra tank time and just plain old unwinding. Hopefully get some time to see some more LFS and meet some more fellow reefers and R2R members.

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vacation starts tomorrow! Wwwwwwwwheeeeeee. Some r & r at the beach extra tank time and just plain old unwinding.
Foghorn.gif

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First day vacation started my favorite way LAZY

After a lazy start did pull some algae and tune outflow of the nitrate reactor. Reactor must be getting near to cycled cause the stink under stand was whoooooo weeeee :confused: started taking some measurements to kit bash some lights have a few issues to solve but may be possible be popping in and out on R2R Everyone have a great 4th stay safe and salty

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First day vacation started my favorite way LAZY

After a lazy start did pull some algae and tune outflow of the nitrate reactor. Reactor must be getting near to cycled cause the stink under stand was whoooooo weeeee :confused: started taking some measurements to kit bash some lights have a few issues to solve but may be possible be popping in and out on R2R Everyone have a great 4th stay safe and salty

Lmk if u wanna sketch out and plan a canopy/light mount kit. We can build it in a day.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vid of Sunset feeding his Anemone. Not best example but can see the nem pulling the chunk in a bit. Sunset musta been hungry he ate first before finding right chunk for his nem ;)

Last edited:

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vid of Sunset feeding hubs Anemone. Not best example but can see the nem pulling the chunk in a bit. Sunset musta been hungry he ate first before finding right chunk for his nem ;)

Yum!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vid of Sunset feeding his Anemone. Not best example but can see the nem pulling the chunk in a bit. Sunset musta been hungry he ate first before finding right chunk for his nem ;)

Nice video bud. Good to see the paired grammas out and about :)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy heatwave! Pretty miserable in wmass today got in a game of golf and dinner for sons bday before the skies opened up.
Hit the tank scrubbed rocks again (different area) and did some testing.
#honestyinreefing i have been lax in calibrating my refractometer its been the same no adj needed for first 10 months.....dud it today and was off reading 1.025 actual 1.0275 not end of world but a rookie error on my part
Nitrate 50 considering been scrubbing rick every cpl days happy to see its not over 80 as in past scrubs
PO4 .10
Ca 500
Mg 1430
DKH 8.4 trying to up it but consistent around this#
Kenya tree unhappy not sure other than salinity numbers it has liked before. Its oart photosynthetic and been feeding live phyto/coral foods
Monkey buts and other fancy zia on piece if egg crate mia grrrr
Orange oxides right below em looking better. The bottom of T eggcrate was glued in a hole p@$$@@$ it got loose 75 bucks Gone...... Hopefully find it like wife found the oxides smh
Arm came out of tank little funk smell hopefully just the gha
stank. Pics or vid tomorrow once dust settles

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I love it. Thanks for the video. It was fun to watch.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love honesty in reefing. It's nice to see a beautiful tank and the owner not afraid to be honest about the human factor. Us less skilled reefers appreciate that more than you know.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love honesty in reefing. It's nice to see a beautiful tank and the owner not afraid to be honest about the human factor. Us less skilled reefers appreciate that more than you know.
@Katrina71 Can’t sugar coat it :) human is ok as long as I learn from my boo boos and move in right direction. As for less skilled I’ve not run into anyone like that here :) folks with different strengths sure but all with the same love of hobby and hey if a reefers poking around on R2R they are just like me Learning one mistake at a time.
If my screw ups save one person from doing the same I’d be thrilled cause I know many of my lessons came from others here sharing stories and advice

@Salty Lemon glad u liked the vid I like watching their relationship. With the way he feeds that nem it’s no wonder it’s gone from 4 inch to over 10!

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71 Can’t sugar coat it :) human is ok as long as I learn from my boo boos and move in right direction. As for less skilled I’ve not run into anyone like that here :) folks with different strengths sure but all with the same love of hobby and hey if a reefers poking around on R2R they are just like me Learning one mistake at a time.
If my screw ups save one person from doing the same I’d be thrilled cause I know many of my lessons came from others here sharing stories and advice
Raege, We need to pick you up a mask and cape for the way you try to help the world through your sacrifices and mistakes. Maybe get some fancy boots too. ;Spiderman;)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back