Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple of lizards that rarely came out of spots. Much like the fish, it was not always expected behavior.

I once had a girlfriend with similar behavior. It was a brief, very brief, relationship! Bbwwaaaahhh!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Schnizzle They hang out together like buds. I had a yellow tang and foxface when first starting and introd them together and they were besties as well. Found that tang and fox are cool if iintroduced at same time or tang after fox is established other wise in my size tank anything after a tang is established is trouble.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mini update all Screen tops have been constructed and are now in place :) Cooter our Kole Tang is taking care of business as I hoped he would with the spits of GHA better still he seems to have inspired Fox3 to get into the act at least a little bit I think he feels the need to compete for his share of algae.
Tomorrow reactor recharge move the orange gorg think to much flow not getting all polyps out like the red is and finally place the rest of the zoas to get the frag rack outta the tank.
Stay salty my friends

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gooooooooooood Mooooorning R2R!
Had a Possum Wrasse sighting! It was all of 5 seconds but still awesome.
Have pics of screen tops in place. I need to notch the ends to accomadate the gyre cable just thinking how I want to do it. Thinking drill the edge 2 sizes larger than cable diameter and find a piece of thin rubber to line the hole and avoid chaffing the wire.
Any ideas appreciated on best way to get er done.
And now my view from the couch

E275AA4E-1DAB-4940-A6DF-D00326AF1E9C.jpeg 39DAD0FD-1D65-4904-B6EE-49356B7121A5.jpeg D4B6FD74-78C3-4677-B48F-D7655E72DA3D.jpeg F1D997A8-273B-4133-96DA-C47EB57AAD1F.jpeg

Last edited:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gooooooooooood Mooooorning R2R!
Had a Possum Wrasse sighting! It was all of 5 seconds but still awesome.
Have pics of screen tops in p,ace. I need to notch the ends to accomadate the gyre cable just thinking how I want to do it. Thinking drill the edge 2 sizes larger than cable diameter and find a piece of thin rubber to line the hole and avoid chaffing the wire.
Any ideas appreciated on best way to get er done.
And now my view from the couch

E275AA4E-1DAB-4940-A6DF-D00326AF1E9C.jpeg 39DAD0FD-1D65-4904-B6EE-49356B7121A5.jpeg D4B6FD74-78C3-4677-B48F-D7655E72DA3D.jpeg F1D997A8-273B-4133-96DA-C47EB57AAD1F.jpeg
Came out awesome and the light mount is sweetness bub!!

I would run a hole and greet a rubber grommet from electrical at the hardware store. Sized to your criteria.

See you tomorrow :)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came out awesome and the light mount is sweetness bub!!

I would run a hole and greet a rubber grommet from electrical at the hardware store. Sized to your criteria.

See you tomorrow :)
Boo yah get to see @richthefragger 125 gallon frag tank and see the sump in its new found illumunated glory.
Some Smuttynose Finest Kind IPA is chillin in the fridge as I type

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boo yah get to see @richthefragger 125 gallon frag tank and see the sump in its new found illumunated glory.
Some Smuttynose Finest Kind IPA is chillin in the fridge as I type
Mmmmmm. I'll have something a bit stronger to share as well. :)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to do some tank work after dinner today but after my stupid human trick making dessert I think I should pass. Made a cobbler for dessert cpl weeks ago did peach and blueberry and the crowd went wild for it. This one with the accidental replacement off sugar with salt not so much...........
Salt is much better in the tank than in desserts :eek:

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my fellow salt fiends and friends. Did a quick 10 gallon WC , changed out carbon and gfo drilled a pilot hole in a spare piece of netting frame to test its strength if I accommodate the gyre cables,and to finish the day a trip to, @RichtheReefer21 house for a birds eye view of his tank.
Rich thanks for having me out my place next! A big thanks for the zoa which has been dipped and is on the rack and the piece of @Scurvy gorg. The newest gorg piece is glued to hopefully a nice spot on my rocks.
I got some practice with adult libations with Rich and think I will be ready to rock Richapalooza like nobodies business!
@Fudsey @NY_Caveman @ scurvy @thejuice24 @Crabby48 look forward to seeing you guys talkin reef,life, and killin some spare brain cells while getting fat and happy on some good food.
#RichaPalooza is real people and no stopping it now.
Rich has a great idea for a surprise ( no pressure Rich) that will be memorable :)

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back