View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops
8F679A63-38DF-4D84-BAF8-83A29372341B.jpeg
8F679A63-38DF-4D84-BAF8-83A29372341B.jpeg
F6112031-CEC1-4C75-B8C4-0F1DAD70F496.jpeg
Those gorgs are nice !!! :cool: how often do you target feed them ?

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those gorgs are nice !!! :cool: how often do you target feed them ?
Thanks Pancho! Couple times a weeks . Got so much junk in my water prolly don’t need to lol. They appreciate my dirty tank ;)

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray pictures of your tank don’t show all the life and caves or how big your anemone and other corals are. Seeing in person was breathtaking ask NY_caveman RichtheRerfer21 and they will agree.

I mounted the fags to small rock I had and put them on the sand bed for now. Thank you so much for the beautiful frags.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray, it was awesome walking into your house this morning and seeing the tank immediately as the door swung open. It was great to finally see it in person. Only concern I have is your tank may not be level much longer since all the inhabitants seem to pile together on the right side of the tank. Most amazing thing to me is how close all of your fish constantly get to the anemone.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look who is getting happy at dinner time
95132BCA-4109-4D0F-BA91-D0DB6DA40524.jpeg

Waiting for the Kenya to settle in before pictures.
Maybe next time we can go in the basement
Don that’s awesome ! And you didn’t think you were ready for a gorg. Be cool watching that grow will need to get some red your way next time.
The Kenya is a strange beast may look like it’s dying for a long time then bing colors back and grooving.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray, it was awesome walking into your house this morning and seeing the tank immediately as the door swung open. It was great to finally see it in person. Only concern I have is your tank may not be level much longer since all the inhabitants seem to pile together on the right side of the tank. Most amazing thing to me is how close all of your fish constantly get to the anemone.
I swear it’s like they have a death wish right? First green chromis did it and being wicked small nem ate em. I forget who mentioned they may hang near nem for scraps clown brings to nem /shrug. I may just have to get a purple corkscrew nem for other side to balance out lol

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was a great time and fun for days.

Your progress from a year ago is phenomenal ray. Your efforts and persistence has paid off HUUUGE.

Besides the hockey pucks and your carpet surfing fellow, 10 out of 10 for the meet. Keith's place is a great layout for a meet too.

Need an NYC trip me thinks, fall time maybe...?

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was a great time and fun for days.

Your progress from a year ago is phenomenal ray. Your efforts and persistence has paid off HUUUGE.

Besides the hockey pucks and your carpet surfing fellow, 10 out of 10 for the meet. Keith's place is a great layout for a meet too.

Need an NYC trip me thinks, fall time maybe...?
I was shocked when ray told me the tank was only a year old.

I think the Fish tried to jump in my pocket but missed. Little did he know his home is more peaceful Then my tank

Definitely you all need to come down before you leave.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If only I could make all my corals as happy as this guy is now
69939B9C-EC20-4738-A12D-0636C7BBF811.jpeg
Wow it looks great!
That complement was hard to give. I was all happy my guy look all furry then I see the mother and went from hero to zero lol

Did you say you feed the gorgonians reef roids and something else three times a week?

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow it looks great!
That complement was hard to give. I was all happy my guy look all furry then I see the mother and went from hero to zero lol

Did you say you feed the gorgonians reef roids and something else three times a week?
I will target em with a bit of reef Roids 2x a week. I’m trying to do it a little less volume with my high nitrates

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey neighbors I have come to think that the Possum Wrasse is messing with us. Sit on the couch he pokes out into the light try to get a pic no way. I have seen him swim,back out as the wife walked away from the tank.... super shy and a wise blank.
Anyhoo numbers time
Nitrates 40 down from close to 70
PO4 up 0.12 from .05
Salinity like a rock 1.025
DKH 9.1 dose pretty close now 9.0 target I’ll take it
Ca down 10 450
Mg down 240 to 1360
Operation save thexenia is on for tomorrow. Nem has been kicking their behinds they are moving away slowly to save themselves but boss wants to help em.
Xenia are ok easier to control their spread than GSP but neither are something I’d put in a future tank

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Xenia in my tank when I first set it up. I put it on it's own pile of rubble rock in the sand to keep it from spreading. It went from the size of a coke can top to the size of a cantaloupe in about 2 months. Pulled every last bit of it and took it to my LFS for store credit after seeing what it can do to a tank if it gets on the rockwork...

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back