OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got up close and personal with him no expert either but have scoured pics of brook velvet and ich over past year and today and doesn’t look it to me, Fingers crossed he just hit 3 weeks in tank loved this little guy.
Have plans to be gone all day so my minds spinning wondering if I come back to more death. It is what it is at this point :(
Thank you both for your sympathy it’s appreciated friends

Last edited:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad morning Cooter is no more. Hoping it wasn’t velvet or brook, he was good 8 hours ago today on bottom trbl breathing, fresh water dip bactashield and he just couldn’t take it,
His stripes weren’t as pronounced last night coloration wise but no other signs
All others visual check good eating and behaving normal fingers crossed that this isn’t start of something bigger just when I was done stocking fish

183B3483-5ECA-44A1-8B18-B7E0AD0BFF5D.jpeg

Really sucks, Ray. Cannot recall where you got him but maybe it was something done during collection.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sucks, Ray. Cannot recall where you got him but maybe it was something done during collection.
Ya, like cyanide fish collection.....

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty then on a positive note nothing has died in last five and a half hours :)
and I scored a Hannah low phosphate checker with extra curettes for 25 bucks!
And being an optimist found replacements for Cooter if the tank can avoid any deaths next cpl days will feel ok to replace the loss. dang Wrasses are so good looking especially the moyers........

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty then on a positive note nothing has died in last five and a half hours :)
and I scored a Hannah low phosphate checker with extra curettes for 25 bucks!
And being an optimist found replacements for Cooter if the tank can avoid any deaths next cpl days will feel ok to replace the loss. dang Wrasses are so good looking especially the moyers........
do tell....Wrasses are an addiction all their own within this addictive hobby. Im a full on spineless junk box when it comes to wrasse and have now corrupted @Crabby48 as well. You’re all gonna hate me or love me someday for sending you down this road ;)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Sunday. Doing a bit o tank stuff today. Cleaning all the brutes making rodi for a WC and I mounted my new fuge light. I’m one of the cool kids with a light like @RichtheReefer21 :)
Old Tunze waterproof led is getting a cleaning before shipping out to a friend tomorrow.

It’s been 36 hours without a death. No fish show any signs of distress or disease. Cooters passing remains a mystery with no apparent cause. I hate the unknown :mad: maybe losing the only semi aggressive fish is a sign to try another CBB...........

Back to getting wet salty knees
A quick filthy FTS view from the couch
BF865A4F-F528-4CD1-B570-34BCD76ED7A9.jpeg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Sunday. Doing a bit o tank stuff today. Cleaning all the brutes making rodi for a WC and I mounted my new fuge light. I’m one of the cool kids with a light like @RichtheReefer21 :)
Old Tunze waterproof led is getting a cleaning before shipping out to a friend tomorrow.

It’s been 36 hours without a death. No fish show any signs of distress or disease. Cooters passing remains a mystery with no apparent cause. I hate the unknown :mad: maybe losing the only semi aggressive fish is a sign to try another CBB...........

Back to getting wet salty knees
A quick filthy FTS view from the couch
BF865A4F-F528-4CD1-B570-34BCD76ED7A9.jpeg
If a CBB is in the cards then definitely try before going with another tang.

I came across a post this morning that gave a website that does a complete QT on fish before shipping to you. It wasnt the one BRS has been touting but prices looked very reasonable. I will link it if I can find it.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man ray. Roller coaster catch up session.

Sorry about cooter. :(

I'm happy to see solid numbers with a decline in no3. Nice job.

That gorg has some insane p.e. wow.

And nice job on catching the wrasse out. Tank is looking solid. But dang that kole was a stunner. :( hang tough, u gotta lose or rehome 4 more tangs before u catch up to my losses. ;Blackeye

Hugs

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man ray. Roller coaster catch up session.

Sorry about cooter. :(

I'm happy to see solid numbers with a decline in no3. Nice job.

That gorg has some insane p.e. wow.

And nice job on catching the wrasse out. Tank is looking solid. But dang that kole was a stunner. :( hang tough, u gotta lose or rehome 4 more tangs before u catch up to my losses. ;Blackeye

Hugs
Thanks Bud one thing for sure this whole hobby is a rollercoaster. I hope that the ride flattens out a bit over time to mire of a kiddy coaster lol
No deaths just some algae nix and again

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Bud one thing for sure this whole hobby is a rollercoaster. I hope that the ride flattens out a bit over time to mire of a kiddy coaster lol
No deaths just some algae nix and again
We will all be fine, as long as we stick to #honestyinreefing , I am sure you roller coster has many happy days ahead.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Death is back. 48 hours after Kole tang both grammas taking dirt naps. Again no obvious marks on bodies. Strange to me as Grammas are purported to be one of harries fish and more resistant yo disease. Had these guys for 6 months 4 days in tank.
Not sure what to do as I don’t know what the heck is killing them coincidence here old age on an aggressor disease.
Remaining stock behaving normally no visual clues on skin fins etc. Whatever is going on it happens in 10 hours with no signs left behind that I can see on on bodies before or after death.
I’m at a loss cars in shop can’t run out for meds nor do I know what I truly need if anything. Catching remaining fish should I? This will stress the **** outta them and still not sure it’s needed.........

In a pickle guys first rule do no harm catch and qt treat for everything it could be I know will be losses leaving them fingers crossed keep pumping food with vitamins observe for possible causes?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back