OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries my friend. Pretty much all things in my life are not of easy variety to diagnose or know what it is. Kinda take some pride in having crud go on that takes effort to figure out not run of the mill lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning Saltheads, going hunting for a Sicce 1.0 soon to power the uv . Still no definitive word on deaths other than its bad for three deaths in short time so still in the air on treatment or letting things ride. Everyone’s out swimming looking good no flashing labored breathing etc. All that sad will prolly come home to another dirt nap.....
one new tang dead ok I’ve read tangs are more susceptible to itch etc 2 full grown grammas that are hardier fish resistant to disease in same day their deaths are the more worrisome. I get the 29 gallon up for treatment move the fish stress the **** outta em lose half or more in treatment leave em alone maybe deaths are coincidental and from cause not a threat to entire tank makes my head spin

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, Ray, just catching up and sorry to hear. I am useless about fish disease. Pretty useless in general, actually.
I wouldnt say useless... LoL

1566917768392.png

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m spinning I tested po4 with new Hannah checker getting 0.0 last night. Thought can’t be right today going to check it but algae is flowing around settling on everything in tank. Tank looks **** just blew it off and something is changing here. Last night no funk smell grabbing sample water today its got the algae funk smell mildly.
Maybe numbers will tell me something for the good nitrate po4 wise. Have 30 gl ready to add salt and heat for am tomorrow. I’m wondering if po4 is real going from .1 plus to 0 to .04 and in a hurry could have contributed to one or more fish in distress and dying? Think I may drop my spare PP8 on back glass to hit surface.
New Sicce pump comes in tomorrow to get uv cooking as well. Think I’m on the edge with tank not sure if it’s gonna be wicked good of holy crud it’s wiped. I’m leaning to good shrimp and nem are happy as pigs in slop if they’re good water can’t be to messed

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm watching and learning. I feel pretty useless as well. Wait. I can hold stuff.
I was going to say this but Katrina beat me to it.
None of you guys and gals who stop in here are useless! You all energize me to build that bridge over the self pity stream and get over it.
I’m going to win even if tank ends up sitting fallow for 2,5 months and I need to replace more livestock. Just hope this helps some lurker who stood in and Wi can post what happened and how it got fixed
This is our tank I’m gonna make it something we can be proud off

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m spinning I tested po4 with new Hannah checker getting 0.0 last night. Thought can’t be right today going to check it but algae is flowing around settling on everything in tank. Tank looks **** just blew it off and something is changing here. Last night no funk smell grabbing sample water today its got the algae funk smell mildly.
Maybe numbers will tell me something for the good nitrate po4 wise. Have 30 gl ready to add salt and heat for am tomorrow. I’m wondering if po4 is real going from .1 plus to 0 to .04 and in a hurry could have contributed to one or more fish in distress and dying? Think I may drop my spare PP8 on back glass to hit surface.
New Sicce pump comes in tomorrow to get uv cooking as well. Think I’m on the edge with tank not sure if it’s gonna be wicked good of holy crud it’s wiped. I’m leaning to good shrimp and nem are happy as pigs in slop if they’re good water can’t be to messed
Ray, the shrimp is probably the most sensitive critter to any parameter changes. Canary in a coal mine. I do not think PO4 changes would affect fish, especially at that low of a level to begin with. When multiple fish die quickly I would think disease or possibly, some kind of contamination.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back