OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goooooood Morning R2R! Had a late vacation night last night so just getting really rolling this late morning ;Bucktooth Today pump comes in between 2and 6 uv gets fired up. Have been hesitant to pull and clean tank with recent deaths but f it diving in business as usual. If a pathogen is at work seeme 36 - 48 hours between deaths just oases 48 will see what today brings.
Fish all look fine with exception of one blue chromis with abrasion on head. These guys have been kinda jerks to each other “ chasing around” so believe it’s from going mach 2 behavior eating still normal.

I’m no expert on well really anything lol but still not ready to say velvet or brook are involved here. Kole after three weeks could be digestive blockage I nor the wife ever saw him poop ? Not uavlot yo hang a hat on but have seen every other drop a deuce :)

Grammas were full grown bought old died early if not both dead at same time easier to believe. The Kole tang is easier to understand and accept the grammas being hardier resistant to disease are more cause for concern.

I’m keeping 29 gallon tank ready to go hospital tank I’m hoping good nutrition let’s tank settle down from whatever is roaming. Going forward with no solid answer will be difficult. Add a new fish stress from addition if a pathogen is in rank chance to lose him ramped up. Not really done with stocking losing the tang but may have to call it stocked if everyone else survives now .

Going to keep reading and researching if we can get thru 7 days with no dirt naps will call this event done I think will see what Sunday night brings. Now getting off the duff to test and clean.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goooooood Morning R2R! Had a late vacation night last night so just getting really rolling this late morning ;Bucktooth Today pump comes in between 2and 6 uv gets fired up. Have been hesitant to pull and clean tank with recent deaths but f it diving in business as usual. If a pathogen is at work seeme 36 - 48 hours between deaths just oases 48 will see what today brings.
Fish all look fine with exception of one blue chromis with abrasion on head. These guys have been kinda jerks to each other “ chasing around” so believe it’s from going mach 2 behavior eating still normal.

I’m no expert on well really anything lol but still not ready to say velvet or brook are involved here. Kole after three weeks could be digestive blockage I nor the wife ever saw him poop ? Not uavlot yo hang a hat on but have seen every other drop a deuce :)

Grammas were full grown bought old died early if not both dead at same time easier to believe. The Kole tang is easier to understand and accept the grammas being hardier resistant to disease are more cause for concern.

I’m keeping 29 gallon tank ready to go hospital tank I’m hoping good nutrition let’s tank settle down from whatever is roaming. Going forward with no solid answer will be difficult. Add a new fish stress from addition if a pathogen is in rank chance to lose him ramped up. Not really done with stocking losing the tang but may have to call it stocked if everyone else survives now .

Going to keep reading and researching if we can get thru 7 days with no dirt naps will call this event done I think will see what Sunday night brings. Now getting off the duff to test and clean.
Sounds like a good plan, I am crossing fingers.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call me Roxanne Here’s a picture of my tanks basement with the new light aglow
CA0503F2-A289-4325-9805-983F90B6752D.jpeg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news bad news time.
Good pumps in and I bought the hose to hook up uv
Bad been lazy all day so far not hooked up

Bad new blue chromis is dead
Good news other blue chromis beat him down last l days and couldn’t catch aggressor but at least it’s not disease. Same scenario as with the blue green guys hopefully guys left are ok with pecking order at least they only went after their own

Good news GHA is browning and dting
Bad news it’s floating off rocks covering stuff up.

If I can find my motivation will get her done tonight otherwise tomorrow am before I take off for day

Stay Salty my friends

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Raege, sorry for your loss, unfortunately the chromis behave like hooligans with each other.

I would recommend you, to take a drink in front of your tank and enjoy. You can do the cleaning when energy comes back.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Raege, sorry for your loss, unfortunately the chromis behave like hooligans with each other.

I would recommend you, to take a drink in front of your tank and enjoy. You can do the cleaning when energy comes back.
Pancho I’m hiring you as my life coach! We lay just be forum besties I like the way you think so much :)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon friends I installed the uv today that’s the good news bad news half an hour of uv action and indicator light went out :(
Good news ordered replacement lamp that should arrive Sunday. Tanks a mess browned algae strings and cyano making an appearance. Adjusting nutrient export accordingly. Looking at the positives just didn’t expect to go to far stripping nutrients to get a mess again. Had been hoping for crystal clear water and pristine rocks but nothing happens overnight in reefing except for making a mess lol.
I compared some pics of corraline growing on overflow and it has more than doubled last month which is nice to see.
Hoping uv helps push it in a nice direction. To depressed for a tank pic but in the interest of #honestyinreefing will snap a few for next time.
Keep reefing and stay salty

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray,

Did u consider internal parasites like flukes or worms? PraziPro is reef safe (I did my 2nd round in the dt) cant hurt. Just advise running an air stone and 30% WC after 3-4 days. Then a 2nd round followed by another 30% WC.

Just another possibility.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray,

Did u consider internal parasites like flukes or worms? PraziPro is reef safe (I did my 2nd round in the dt) cant hurt. Just advise running an air stone and 30% WC after 3-4 days. Then a 2nd round followed by another 30% WC.

Just another possibility.
Did FW dip no flukes internal parasite possible but initial loss had did qt for a few weeks then in da for 3 weeks seems longer gestation than internal would take and spread. Prazi may be worthwhile. I’m thinking something worse that others are avoiding with good nutrition really surprised the gramma a hardy pair died and wrasse is still out and about happy

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did FW dip no flukes internal parasite possible but initial loss had did qt for a few weeks then in da for 3 weeks seems longer gestation than internal would take and spread. Prazi may be worthwhile. I’m thinking something worse that others are avoiding with good nutrition really surprised the gramma a hardy pair died and wrasse is still out and about happy

I know the fish's nutrition is great because of kathy. Ha! I'm pulling for you man..

I texted u. @thejuice24 and I are headed to check out the frags and colonies for sale at Aqua Dreams for S&G at 11. First in the door. Join us.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of anemone do you have? It looks great!
Thanks for stopping in. It’s a regular green long tentacle anemone petco rescue. Started about 4 inches across to a dinner plate now :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back