OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#honestyinreefing Hey gang if ya waded thru some pages you know had some deaths in the tank. While the deaths have stopped didn’t get all the bodies out.......
Tested numbers and they are the worst I’ve seen ;Woot But not unexpected. My biggest concern is nem has been closed up almost all the way for a day and half. Not an emergencie just talkin to me saying HEY this sucks fix it lol
Nitrates up 100
PO4 looking at a .3 from a .08
Ca Mg DKH all normalish dosed usual amounts to get where I wanted em. Will finish this up,with one of the ugliest pics top 3 of my tank ever. Not as bad as when I had dinos but it hurts as I was so close to having it dialed in :mad: tank will come back albeit slow.

F3F9284F-B1C0-4AEC-9F3D-834656D5F27F.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#honestyinreefing Hey gang if ya waded thru some pages you know had some deaths in the tank. While the deaths have stopped didn’t get all the bodies out.......
Tested numbers and they are the worst I’ve seen ;Woot But not unexpected. My biggest concern is nem has been closed up almost all the way for a day and half. Not an emergencie just talkin to me saying HEY this sucks fix it lol
Nitrates up 100
PO4 looking at a .3 from a .08
Ca Mg DKH all normalish dosed usual amounts to get where I wanted em. Will finish this up,with one of the ugliest pics top 3 of my tank ever. Not as bad as when I had dinos but it hurts as I was so close to having it dialed in :mad: tank will come back albeit slow.

F3F9284F-B1C0-4AEC-9F3D-834656D5F27F.jpeg

Ray, I think we might need to tear down your scape and look for rotting corpses man. I'm so tired of seeing you struggle with nitrates. I can bring a 30gal rubbermaid I use for wc's, heaters and flow pumps from my backups.

And diligently and methodically transfer some rocks out to brush off externally and then put them back in and reglue coral?

I know it sounds drastic, but u shouldnt be battling the no3 like u have without something going on man. Lemme help. Its pouring out. I can come now.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray, I think we might need to tear down your scape and look for rotting corpses man. I'm so tired of seeing you struggle with nitrates. I can bring a 30gal rubbermaid I use for wc's, heaters and flow pumps from my backups.

And diligently and methodically transfer some rocks out to brush off externally and then put them back in and reglue coral?

I know it sounds drastic, but u shouldnt be battling the no3 like u have without something going on man. Lemme help. Its pouring out. I can come now.
No need for a tear down. It’s a normal expectation dude. Had almost nailed the nitrates and po4 before the deaths. At one point getting zero on Hannah for po4 and between 20and 30 nitrates and dropping.
Skipped last WC with deaths rocking so as not to tick off the survivors - stress adding activities were suspended.
Will be doing a cpl small WC this week probably 3 10s in a row then mix again. Figure doing that will be least stress on animals left.
I appreciate the offer tho but tanks ok she’s looked worse for longer but Im speaking her language :)

Last edited:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright bud. I may have been a little buzzed and went on a galloping tear there. U work hard and stay on your tank, and I respect that, just hate to see a friend struggle bub. Hope it swings up and stays there this time Ray. You honestly deserve it.

15674664980871559050373568067543.jpg

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright bud. I may have been a little buzzed and went on a galloping tear there. U work hard and stay on your tank, and I respect that, just hate to see a friend struggle bub. Hope it swings up and stays there this time Ray. You honestly deserve it.

15674664980871559050373568067543.jpg
You da man bud. There is no struggle only peace. I am the water I flow around the rocks slowly wearing them down. I’m ready to get medieval on it if needed but nem and shrimp are my gauge for that. Shrimp is still happy nem eh not totally ticked so will see how slow and steady roll.
I upped the feed on the nitrate reactor yesterday so should help out getting nitrates to where they were.
Truthfully between uncertain deaths (something nasty for sure) and dirty tank I’m digging dirty tank lol

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know you are hanging in there Raege, keep it up. Reefing is like everything else in life, sometimes you are up, sometimes you are down... but honestly I do not think this is down just a minor issue.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Wednesday evening all.Slightly good tank news to share.
Been a week without death (and there was much rejoicing) the nem opened about a third and fed cleaner shrimp is huge and happy and lastly Possum,Wrasse is out and about a lot swimming low to mid level looking healthy.
Algae looks ****e but it will fade. New 18 watt up coming in Thursday I think will help with algae and possible dirty little infectious somethings.
Slow and steady still new carbon and gfo tomorrow and a light pulling of algae don’t wanr yo rock the boat much still.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening all, trouble sleeping tonight so using the the hold old R2R nightlife :)
Didn’t get to planned testing today life got in the way. Before I headed out the door was happy to see the wkenta tree bounced back pretty nicely about two thirds normal extension! It had been closed like a fist about 1/5 normal size. Nem about half sized and fish fat and happy. Without testing she’s telling me heading back in a good direction nutrient wise.
Hoping for some positive news tomorrow in rl then can get back to serious business on the tank.
Stay Salty Positive and take pleasure in even the smallest of positives.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back