0   0   0

Mrs. Herbert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had too she sitting right next to me :p
Haha smart man! J/k glad to hear she is better and glad to see you back into the wing of things. When our loved ones are down, they become our main focus. I took care of my husband for four months when he broke his ankle in a motorcycle accident. Went to work, house work, taking care of him, our dogs, the tank was last on my priority at the time.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, Just finished a 25 gallon WC. Full vacuum of sand bed and sump return. Needless to say everybody is quite upset with me :p The tank is looking nasty lots of debris blowing around sticking to corals and basically everything I don’t want it on.Put the uv together but rethinking placement options now that I have the full bracket kit available space is at a premium in cabinet.

Bad thing today ATO is filling till overflow alarm triggers. Took it all apart gave a good cleaning still no love. I can’t live without ATO! Sucks doing daily top offs manually.
Plan tomorrow is scrub rocks remove what I can to do out of tank in water I saved from change barrel. Fix or replace ATO gift certificate to LA may not be a fish after all if I can’t fix it.
Water testing in am and another WC if I can get the new salt to salinity and temp early enough.

Will be switching from Fritz RPM to TM probiotic salt. From my readings it will be of great benefit to the fish for their health and tank overall health and biodiversity goals.Will see if salt works as advertised to help get me to a low nutrient system with its sea bacteria feeding eaters do pho’s and nitrates.

She’s not pretty right now but she’s mine #honestyinreefing

image.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, Just finished a 25 gallon WC. Full vacuum of sand bed and sump return. Needless to say everybody is quite upset with me :p The tank is looking nasty lots of debris blowing around sticking to corals and basically everything I don’t want it on.Put the uv together but rethinking placement options now that I have the full bracket kit available space is at a premium in cabinet.

Bad thing today ATO is filling till overflow alarm triggers. Took it all apart gave a good cleaning still no love. I can’t live without ATO! Sucks doing daily top offs manually.
Plan tomorrow is scrub rocks remove what I can to do out of tank in water I saved from change barrel. Fix or replace ATO gift certificate to LA may not be a fish after all if I can’t fix it.
Water testing in am and another WC if I can get the new salt to salinity and temp early enough.

Will be switching from Fritz RPM to TM probiotic salt. From my readings it will be of great benefit to the fish for their health and tank overall health and biodiversity goals.Will see if salt works as advertised to help get me to a low nutrient system with its sea bacteria feeding eaters do pho’s and nitrates.

image.jpg
Ugh, that sucks about the ATO.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
Nice husbandry, the tank will love you back soon, just buy a new ATO. ;Woot

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg
Can I stop by sometime soon to see the lovely miss and put a few back?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good work! You cant seem to catch a break bud.... I got an auto aqua micro ato sitting in a box. All yours if you want it. Dont think I have any tubing for it anymore but it can be had from CoralVu for 12/15 bucks. Its an odd ball size of course.

PM me your address and Ill mail it tomorrow.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gooooooooood Morning R2R! With my algae and lack of husbandry nem was smaller than usual dinner plate for a few days. Shrimp and fish have been excellent tho so didn’t worry that much. After big water change and algae pulling yesterday this am had looked like this

6E269655-12B3-4571-99A5-55595AB7D9BF.jpeg
Never seen him bunched into figure 8 before. Wondering if he’s going from a dinner plate to two lunch plates . Hope he’s not munching on my Possum Wrasse :oops:

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray, where do you order the Bio Actif salt? I think I mentioned I saw it cheapest at Aquarium Specialty however with a 15% coupon to Live Aquaria it may be a touch less than that from them. Lemme know if you need the code.

Last edited:

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through the past 5 pages or so.

Regarding fish deaths:

Wait a few months from last death before adding more. Add one at a time and wait another month before adding again. Be sure to be feeding a mix of fresh, frozen, green, and pellets. I have a 10g with a single yellow prawn goby so I can get away with pellets and occasionally frozen. Once I get the 40 up and fish numbers up I will have to step up my feeding game. The UV should help here I am thinking. I was having velvet like deaths in my 55g fw planted. I added it and ran it for a few days before I add fish and a week after fish is added and haven't had a new fish die since.

Regarding decaying fish:

Any dead fish can be left in the tank of you have a halfway decent CUC they will all swarm it. In 1-4 days it should be nothing but bones.

Regarding high nutrients:

Don't do anything drastic, continue with current export methods and ensure equipment is functioning correctly. Perhaps a larger wc % and stirring up the sandbed as you did.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through the past 5 pages or so.

Regarding fish deaths:

Wait a few months from last death before adding more. Add one at a time and wait another month before adding again. Be sure to be feeding a mix of fresh, frozen, green, and pellets. I have a 10g with a single yellow prawn goby so I can get away with pellets and occasionally frozen. Once I get the 40 up and fish numbers up I will have to step up my feeding game. The UV should help here I am thinking. I was having velvet like deaths in my 55g fw planted. I added it and ran it for a few days before I add fish and a week after fish is added and haven't had a new fish die since.

Regarding decaying fish:

Any dead fish can be left in the tank of you have a halfway decent CUC they will all swarm it. In 1-4 days it should be nothing but bones.

Regarding high nutrients:

Don't do anything drastic, continue with current export methods and ensure equipment is functioning correctly. Perhaps a larger wc % and stirring up the sandbed as you did.
Thanks for stopping in and your thoughts. I’m on the same page with feeding have always fed a good mix of foods with vitamins as well. Very good to hear that the uv has been positive for you. Have seen a few threads that have had positive praise for them. I like that your running it before and after an addition with positive results on fish staying alive. I did not want uv to be an all the time running piece of gear and your schedule makes sense to me.
Really appreciate the input :)

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3259.JPG
IMG_3261.JPG
IMG_3260.JPG
Did a little playing around with possible aquascapes. Give a shout out if you like one better than others or see any potential issues. Thanks for checking em out

Honestly I like all of them!!! I think 3 would be more for a cube though. If I had to pick I would go with #2. Welcome to R2R!!!!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I like all of them!!! I think 3 would be more for a cube though. If I had to pick I would go with #2. Welcome to R2R!!!!
Thanks for stopping in. The scape sure has changed in past year and change but I’m finally done messing with it. I think lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back