Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! I miss the changing of the seasons until I see a blizzard or polar vortex go through the North, where I'm originally from (Minnesota). Otherwise, I enjoy BBQing with the family outside in January. I love Chicago and have been there many times -- mostly for the pizza. :)

So you're from Minnesota dontchya know. (Sorry, couldn't stop myself.)

I'm born and raised in Chicago and HATE IT. Actually, HATE is not a strong enough word. It's a great city to visit but you wouldn't want to live here. Been trying to relocate to a warm-weather climate but with no luck so far.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you're from Minnesota dontchya know. (Sorry, couldn't stop myself.)

I'm born and raised in Chicago and HATE IT. Actually, HATE is not a strong enough word. It's a great city to visit but you wouldn't want to live here. Been trying to relocate to a warm-weather climate but with no luck so far.
You are always welcome to come bunk in one of my boys' rooms. They smell like funky teenagers and my one son's room looks like a war zone, but the other plays drums for marching band and wind ensemble and practices in his space -- so you have your pick. ;)
Sorry for the takeover, Raege. :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are always welcome to come bunk in one of my boys' rooms. They smell like funky teenagers and my one son's room looks like a war zone, but the other plays drums for marching band and wind ensemble and practices in his space -- so you have your pick. ;)
Sorry for the takeover, Raege. :)

Better watch who you invite!

Not sorry for the takeover, @Raege . :p

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so I admit it; I've been a lousy member of R2R and a crappy friend. I could give all kinds of excuses/reasons why I went MIA but will save you the agony. Bottom line is I jumped out of the R2R ocean without warning or saying anything to nearly anyone. It was an uncalled for and selfish act. So, I offer my apologies to you, and anyone else, that I had built a cyber-friendship with through this forum. I won't let it happen again.
I think we all disappear from time to time for various reasons but hey, we all have families, changes, issues, etc. so welcome back! (I just returned too) lol

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we all disappear from time to time for various reasons but hey, we all have families, changes, issues, etc. so welcome back! (I just returned too) lol

Well, then, a big welcome back to you too, @PanchoG !

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks been reading up on instruction language going to be a nice tool and love the control from iPad or phone. Thanks again for hooking me up. :)

I love mine Ray, its a game changer! Word of caution, have a back up plan ready and available for critical life support components. I lost my head unit back in spring and man did it suck. Was totally unprepared and with my pants down. They replaced it which was cool, but total cluster bleep for like 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine Ray, its a game changer! Word of caution, have a back up plan ready and available for critical life support components. I lost my head unit back in spring and man did it suck. Was totally unprepared and with my pants down. They replaced which was cool, but total cluster bleep for like 2 weeks.
My husband is a former comedian and thinks he still is one. My entire life involves non-family friendly comments for humor's sake and sarcasm. And man... I have about twelve things running through my head regarding this post that I wish I could type up, but can't. ;Hilarious

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband is a former comedian and thinks he still is one. My entire life involves non-family friendly comments for humor's sake and sarcasm. And man... I have about twelve things running through my head regarding this post that I wish I could type up, but can't. ;Hilarious

I do believe your husband and I would be thick as thieves! Oh, and I doubt he's a former comedian. That's like saying someone is a former Marine. Once a comedian, always a comedian!

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do believe your husband and I would be thick as thieves! Oh, and I doubt he's a former comedian. That's like saying someone is a former Marine. Once a comedian, always a comedian!
That's it exactly. :D

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sounds like we would get along very well than, my whole life is nothing but quick comebacks and dirty comments!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like we would get along very well than, my whole life is nothing but quick comebacks and dirty comments!
In other words, you are always in trouble just like me.

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping the filter on is difficult at times :) Letting those slow pitches go without a swing,,,,, I think a party with all of us in attendance would be the stuff of legends:cool:
I'm only allowed to get arrested once a year -- although last time it technically was just a warning. So the party would have to wait at least six months. ;)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my marine enthusiast friends, wife’s out with friends do playing with apex. Have the outlets set up need another eb8 for rest of my gear. For now lights, nitrate reactors, gfo carbon reactors will remain on mounted electrical bar under tank. Plan rest of evening is gha pulling and change socks & GFO. If I get ambitious may do some testing :oops:
Here’s pic of outlets
B456CD9F-6F45-4D7C-99D2-8817DD42D21C.png

Salty Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you all imagine the debauchery if we got a hundred or so of us together? Just meeting with 7-8 of these folks has been dangerous enough.
I believe it should be named "Raege's Rage".

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whew! Skimmer pulled scrubbed dried and back in service. First time I ever had to scrub corraline off it which I take as a good sign it’s growing but a pita to clean from where I don’t want. All tasks completed but honestyinreefing I didn’t pull gha saving that for Sunday morning :rolleyes:
Here’s my view from the couch tohight
5920E786-131D-44AA-ADEE-091569AF634C.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back