OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good comments, so far, but I will ask the goofy question. What do you want to achieve with the added T5s? I ask because some shoot for maximum growth, some for maximum color, some for tank appearance and some for a combination of two or all three.
For me its growth increase my par potential as well as appearance. I will keep leds going which are purty to look at just dont want to get to blue when t5s kick on

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote for;

true actinic
coral plus
purple plus
coral plus

(Back to front)
Not really knowing how much bulb order mattersI was thinking back to front
Purple +
Coral+
Coral+
True actinic
Any T5 users have advice?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple +
Coral+
Coral+
True actinic
@Rakie

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple +
Coral+
Coral+
True actinic

Here is a pic from the ATI website;

Screenshot_20200117-170856_Chrome.jpg

And here is a link to the website;

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon Saltaholics, had a problem this afternoon the following fell into my display tank
20200118_153701.jpg
20200118_152202.jpg

Wife has wanted a mandy for a long time. This guy is about 1.25-1.5 inches tops and captive bred. The blood shrimp fulfils my promise to replace first one we lost over a year ago for the wife.
Also picked up a 1 foot aquabus cable to add in 2nd eb8 to mix and some live bacteria to ensure bio load diversity is maintained.
Mandy took to rocks and dissapeared for now shrimp is hanging under ledge still visible and settling in. Good day reefing and eating as we had lunch at Pepes pizza. Fat and happy just as I hope mandarin will get to be

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon Saltaholics, had a problem this afternoon the following fell into my display tank
20200118_153701.jpg
20200118_152202.jpg

Wife has wanted a mandy for a long time. This guy is about 1.25-1.5 inches tops and captive bred. The blood shrimp fulfils my promise to replace first one we lost over a year ago for the wife.
Also picked up a 1 foot aquabus cable to add in 2nd eb8 to mix and some live bacteria to ensure bio load diversity is maintained.
Mandy took to rocks and dissapeared for now shrimp is hanging under ledge still visible and settling in. Good day reefing and eating as we had lunch at Pepes pizza. Fat and happy just as I hope mandarin will get to be
Good looking mandarin and shrimp Ray !
Enjoy the day and the additions my friend.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woot! Sounds like a great day.
Good looking mandarin and shrimp Ray !
Enjoy the day and the additions my friend.
Thanks guys! Was a needed getaway with all the drs and hospital stays past few months. Felt good to just go out Felt even better with wife s getting some guys she wanted

Last edited:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna head to the bar and drop my car off with kalisha and take hers so shes safe driving home later tonight.. I got my nephew with me, I'll stop by for a quick visit after I swap cars before I head home.

See ya in a bit. Cant wait to see the mandy :)

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New target of my ire in tank. The smallest one spot cardinal tried to eat the mandarin! He spit him out right away and mandy was sighted after but has since run away to back tank and appears ok. Holy Moly! Didn't see that coming.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New target of my ire in tank. The smallest one spot cardinal tried to eat the mandarin! He spit him out right away and mandy was sighted after but has since run away to back tank and appears ok. Holy Moly! Didn't see that coming.
Never heard of a cardinal doing this Ray ;Cow

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the cardinal take a huge piece of frozen cube into mouth and play keep away. Looks like Dizzy Gillespie blowing on his brass so puffed out. He only did it the once most hav ed been mistaken identity / shrug

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon my salt friends, hope everyone’s having a good Sunday. New additions blood shrimp and mandarin doing well still. Just finished some maintenance took socks out cleaned skimmer cleaned left gyre and of course pulled some algae off the rocks. Have some really pretty algae light blueish color at highest point of center rocks Rich commented almost looks like a macro algae. Was tempted to leave it :) other than that more wire management got most stuff plugged in now to apex. Need to troubleshoot feed mode so while watching some playoff action will be reading and playing.
Wish there was smellavision house smells of chicken caciattore ;Drool

D43349A1-F9E1-4960-9539-A24B46E2776C.png

Fla04gbf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200118_153701.jpg
20200118_152202.jpg

Love your mandarin fish! They are so beautiful! It shouldn’t be so difficult to train them to eat frozen. I have one spotted mandarin in my 25g and it started eating blood worm after a month or so in the tank and he recognised my tweezer and come after it every time i try to do something in the tank with it. Great choice, Ray! Happy reefing!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back