Green Hair Algae battleplan?

• Total voters

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Thursday salty friends! Good day on the reef today and another coming tomorrow. Today was mounting day for my ATI 8 bulb dimmable Sunpower fixture. Got it level and about 11 inches off the water right now. Only thing to do is straighten wife’s picture behind it or move to new location :)
Friday my icecap wireless controller comes from in to hook both gyres up to. This will give me so many more options for glow and get the gyres working together! Super geek psyched! Here’s my new view from the couch :cool:
51F9CE26-C8F8-4AC2-85E6-A3C005C7C9C3.jpeg
28801E3B-2F31-4450-BD2B-A11C7C90CE8E.jpeg
Nice work man!

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jeff! Much appreciated. Already have the app installed ready to connect and go once I plug it in. Off to watch the vids now :D My wife shakes her head at me I’m like a kid at Xmas ?
I’m probably gonna tick the nem off playing with it.... Will try not to love where he’s at now.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Thursday salty friends! Good day on the reef today and another coming tomorrow. Today was mounting day for my ATI 8 bulb dimmable Sunpower fixture. Got it level and about 11 inches off the water right now. Only thing to do is straighten wife’s picture behind it or move to new location :)
Friday my icecap wireless controller comes from in to hook both gyres up to. This will give me so many more options for glow and get the gyres working together! Super geek psyched! Here’s my new view from the couch :cool:
51F9CE26-C8F8-4AC2-85E6-A3C005C7C9C3.jpeg
28801E3B-2F31-4450-BD2B-A11C7C90CE8E.jpeg
Wow Ray, you have been busy and the tank looks great kudos to you buddy.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my marine enthusiast friends. While I’m waiting for @Salty Lemon to post her first video figured I give ATI Sunpower , GHA, and fishies update video update.

Oh the peer pressure! Yes, I will make a video -- complete with a showgirl kick line, disco ball, and a special performance by Beyonce. Or whatever I can set up while being trapped in a house with my husband and two teenage boys. How is your copperband with your anemone or other softies? I almost bought one a while back but I was a coward. I keep thinking of giving it a try. Your guy is sure pretty. They all are. Love the video.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh the peer pressure! Yes, I will make a video -- complete with a showgirl kick line, disco ball, and a special performance by Beyonce. Or whatever I can set up while being trapped in a house with my husband and two teenage boys. How is your copperband with your anemone or other softies? I almost bought one a while back but I was a coward. I keep thinking of giving it a try. Your guy is sure pretty. They all are. Love the video.
TY for the vid compliment and no need for a chorus line one or two folks kickin is plenty and no disco ball you hit the tank shimmer for that effect :p
Funny you should ask about the CBB and corals. Never an issue till I picked up the toadstool the stupid clown buried with his sand tail whipping frenzy. As I held the toadstool both CBB and foxface started pecking at its base as I held it........not sure what that’s about they left it alone when I replanted it. Musty been some critters on it.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my marine enthusiast friends. While I’m waiting for @Salty Lemon to post her first video figured I give ATI Sunpower , GHA, and fishies update video update.

Great video with commentary, Ray! You've really turned the corner these past few weeks.

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video with commentary, Ray! You've really turned the corner these past few weeks.
Thanks Chris. Seeing the coralline today felt like where the heck that come from..... I think the t5’s just are so much brighter and eliminated a lot of darkness good stuff is showing up. Very happy with it ;Happy

OP
OP
Raege

Raege

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boring numbers time
DKH 7.0. Dosing back to 8
Ca 425
Mg 1350
Po4 0.47
Nitrate? In 60 range test kit is close to expirey
Last three weeks changed a min of 25 gal out of total volume of 90ish gallons. Glad to see po4 up It’s been 0 to 0.04 and nitrates didn’t drop then. GHA is getting very sparse coralline is spreading on rocks life is good. Another 30 gallons of rodi ready to mix to salt may do an extra mid week WC we will see

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back