Red Sea Tank Packing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, Red Sea, I can see why you put the top and bottom stand pieces underneath the tank when shipping, because you can move the tank out of the way and then set up the stand. But, on the XXL sizes one person can't move the tank out of the way to get to those pieces to build the stand, the tank is way to heavy. Would be nice to be able to build the stand and then get 5 or 6 of your friends to help move the tank once and not twice.
Let's face it, once your friends see the size of the tank they will not want to come back and help you move it again!

Just some feedback ;Meh

kresDFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, Red Sea, I can see why you put the top and bottom stand pieces underneath the tank when shipping, because you can move the tank out of the way and then set up the stand. But, on the XXL sizes one person can't move the tank out of the way to get to those pieces to build the stand, the tank is way to heavy. Would be nice to be able to build the stand and then get 5 or 6 of your friends to help move the tank once and not twice.
Let's face it, once your friends see the size of the tank they will not want to come back and help you move it again!

Just some feedback ;Meh
I agree with you Injoynit! It took the weekend to get people coordinated to come over just to move the tank off the wood that was needed for the stand. And now I'll have to do it again. Hope your stand turns out well, one of the wood pieces I had was missing the plastic receptacle that you screw the locking bolt M into. I have a half built stand in my living room waiting for Red Sea to resolve the issue.

OP
OP
Injoynit

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you Injoynit! It took the weekend to get people coordinated to come over just to move the tank off the wood that was needed for the stand. And now I'll have to do it again. Hope your stand turns out well, one of the wood pieces I had was missing the plastic receptacle that you screw the locking bolt M into. I have a half built stand in my living room waiting for Red Sea to resolve the issue.
Thanks kresDFW, the stand is complete and looks good. My brother and I moved the tank off the pallet onto a couple 4x4's. Tank does not seem as heavy as it looks, 4 people and a spotter should do the trick. Hopefully get it onto the stand this week.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back