reef energy a an b

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mstanker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I do 2ml of each twice a week on 80 gallon. I don't know if it was the reef energy but coincidently when I tried to dose more than twice a week I'd get red slime algae.

I'd recommend start slow and see how the tank/coral react before increasing dosage/frequency.
 
while i don't use reef energy, the way I dose is daily. if a manufacture suggests 7ml twice a week that's 14ml weekly or 2ml a day. reason I do this is it keeps the levels consistent through out the week and is I have a brain fart and forget once and a while it doesn't have a negative impact on my system. I have done it this way for years through several different products. Currently with SeaChem's Fuel but once that's gone I am thinking about the Red Sea program and would does it this was as well.
 
The thing is that Red sea reef only states for like per 25g 1ml, but after that they dont say everyday. Just a " watch your tanks reactions".

On a 40gb with 20g sump=60ish gallons. I dosed 1.5ml for these 2 days.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new