reef-pi 6.0 - release announcement

MichaelA18454

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Rob, I eventually managed to get the pH graphs displayed following your suggestions, but not any data displayed.

So the pH meter I put together is found on

"https://www.electroniclinic.com/ph-...r-calibration-diymore-ph-sensor-arduino-code/"

The OLED has the address of 0X30 or (60) I assumed that I would require to use 60 as the address when I was setting up. I connected to the dedicated SDA and SCL pins on the Pi Zero W.

I noticed that I am not able to enter any pins in the Analog Connector, so I assume the SDA & SCL pins are the default pins used.
I also assume that I select ph-board as it is not an EZO.

So are my assumptions correct for pins and board selection?
Do you know how I can debug, to see if what I have selected is correct and what is happening on the SDA & SCL pins?
Is the any limitations on the I2C address?
I assume that the standard I2C protocol is used, so nothing a mismatch here!
Any ideas?
Cheers
Hey Michael, glad you got it going. I think maybe it's the labeling throwing you off. Sounds like your pH circuit is I2C if you had it connected to SCL/SDA on the Arduino. In reef-pi when you add the connector it goes under "analog" section even though it's not. After you add the driver and connector go to "admin" tab and press the "reload" button so the changes are updated. Then you should be able to add it to the pH tab using the analog connector you just created.
Rob, I have been trying to find information on the latest consensus on pH interface. I saw an interface board that is open source that you may have designed, and then I believe I read that you use the EZO interface from Atlas. So where is the majority sitting with pH interface?
Cheers

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well … looking at the pH sensor, it is an analog one. How do you connect this to ReefPi ?

Personally I believe most people here are using the AtlasInstruments EZO- or Robo-Tank-pH-boards. Both use the EZO-driver.

There are probably also a few who still use the open source pH board that Michael Lane made some while ago.

MichaelA18454

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not having any luck getting pH to display, so I am now wanting to store/save the current build parameters for all the I/O s of my 5.2 build, and migrate them over to a new 6.0 build. Is there a Guide for doing this?
Thanks

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not having any luck getting pH to display, so I am now wanting to store/save the current build parameters for all the I/O s of my 5.2 build, and migrate them over to a new 6.0 build. Is there a Guide for doing this?
Thanks
Just export the database file under Config -> Admin
and update to "6.0" under Config-> Admin. The update is a little unresponsive, you don't get a message that ots doing something. The only thing you will get is a message if you try again, that it is already running.

Afterwards I believe you either need to clear your local cache (typically CTRL+F5) or even reload Reef-Pi for the new and correct Version number to display.

If anything goes wrong with your config, upload the exported Database file and you should be ready to go.

MichaelA18454

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Sral, it wasn't obvious but now that I have downloaded the data base , the upload database has now appeared as an option.
Another question, tonight the time is 2 1/2 hours in lag. This is not the first time the time has come out of sync with the router, any known reasons why? Thanks again.

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Sral, it wasn't obvious but now that I have downloaded the data base , the upload database has now appeared as an option.
Another question, tonight the time is 2 1/2 hours in lag. This is not the first time the time has come out of sync with the router, any known reasons why? Thanks again.
Well, I'm not sure about the Pi 3, but my Pi Zero has no Real-Time clock that keeps time when the PI is shut down. I had to install that as a separate Module (you can find this in my build thread).
Every time the PI is down, it will not keep up time and lag behind for exactly the time is was down.

After boot-up it will typically try to get an internet connection and correct it's own time though. So maybe that will remedy itself after reloading Reef-Pi and anesuring that your Pi has an internt connection ?

Another possibility is that your Pi might be set to a different time zone, although that should be full hours, now that I think about it :grinning-face-with-sweat:

MichaelA18454

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sral, you are spot on again, thanks.
Now that I think about it, I had the controller off for the period difference and this morning the time is back on track.
The last time it stopped tracking, it was off track for months, so I had to fudge the times for the lights. It wasn't until I reloaded the config file was it resolved.
Much appreciate your help

reefsentinel85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, just FYI, the pi0.deb works on Orange Pi one (armbian bookworm last image) in standalone with ESP32.
Great job thanks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back