reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I2C can support multiple device. But... I’m pretty sure reefpi has to have a driver associated with it but I could be wrong. Try searching this thread for 0-10 volt converters. Someone has done it.

FuzzeWuzze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like what i need is basically this circuit posted by @robsworld78 using the LM358D? I'd just hardwire it to the config i'd want for 10V out, put 3.3V PWM from the RPI in and get 0-10V analog out to feed into my gyre controller?

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had anyone had an issue with frying optical sensors? I swear I have checked my wiring several times and check continuity between connectors but cant get it to work... Do these short out and break easily?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had anyone had an issue with frying optical sensors? I swear I have checked my wiring several times and check continuity between connectors but cant get it to work... Do these short out and break easily?
Not frying, but I experienced them to be less reliable compared to floatswitch.

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a timer issue with a HS-100 smart plug (Kasa).

It works fine manually switching it on and off. But when I set up a timer (turn on for 15 seconds every 4th hour) it does what it's supposed to for the 15 seconds but then gets stuck switching the plug on for like a 1/10 second every second.

I'm not sure if it's a Reef-Pi thing or not but it feels like it. Anyone had similar issues?

Here's the timer I set up (currently disabled)
1604952310961.png

@Ranjib, is this something you have seen before?
For a driver I used the HS110, not HS103. Could this be it?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ranjib, is this something you have seen before?
For a driver I used the HS110, not HS103. Could this be it?

* in cron job stands for every. Since you have set that for minute/hour,,, reef-pi is switching every second with your spec. change the minute and second to 1.

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance anyone has a reef-pi image? I am not infront of my system away from home. My wife just told me the tank lights did not come on today. It appears the memory card has failed, starts to boot and then crashes. There is no way I will be able to walk her through a normal installation, but possibly image a card. Tank temp is down to 72, I had her move the heater over but I would really like to get this controller back running for ATO, lights etc. Thanks for direction

cnidus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried to calibrate my PH probe and the ‘calibrate’ button doesn’t do anything. Tried from phone and a Mac chrome browser.

running 3.4.

any ideas?

OP
OP
Ranjib

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance anyone has a reef-pi image? I am not infront of my system away from home. My wife just told me the tank lights did not come on today. It appears the memory card has failed, starts to boot and then crashes. There is no way I will be able to walk her through a normal installation, but possibly image a card. Tank temp is down to 72, I had her move the heater over but I would really like to get this controller back running for ATO, lights etc. Thanks for direction
Your reef-pi database is what you need to restore your reef-pi installation. github has reef-pi packages, but those are for fresh install only. I doubt other's reef-pi image will work for you, since they have specifics like temperature sensor , pin number etc that will be different from setup to setup. It is better to prepare for manual control (return, heater ) and do periodic top off till you are back.

in 4.0 release will have export/import feature to make things like this easier to deal with. But you still have to use those and prepare a backup sd card (basically a card with everything install and configured, including wifi etc) ready to go for dealing with such cases.

Mikeneedsahobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried to calibrate my PH probe and the ‘calibrate’ button doesn’t do anything. Tried from phone and a Mac chrome browser.

running 3.4.

any ideas?
first you need to disable the probe.

Edit ph.
disable probe.
save
Calibrate
Rinse probe in rodi
Place in 7 calibration fluid
Wait for readings to stabilize
Set cal value to 7
Push run
Rinse probe
Put in 10 calibration fluid
Set cal value to 10
Run
Edit ph
Enable probe
Save
Rinse probe and check both 7 and 10 and make sure it’s close.

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyone using for a PH board? I looked on tindie and the ML board is out of stock. The EZO is unavailable. Is there a newer better board out there?

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanksgiving is approaching, and i am thinking about 4.0 release. It has been very hectic and i have not been able to push a lot of code as expected, lately. I am thinking whether to do a 4.0 release or skip it. Technically we dont have to have a major version release, since there no breaking changes. But historically it has been a tradition to do yearly reef-pi release during thanksgiving, hence the dilemma.

I am thinking of wrapping up some minor bugs and polish documentation and cut a release (4.0 ?) , if we want stick to the tradition. We did have quiet a few changes across the board (new features, drivers, bug fixes etc) encompassing 3->4 development, but most of those have been already incrementally shipped.

Let me know what you all think

I think you've done an amazing job, based on version number, 3.5 seems to be stable so maybe a good point to start 4.0. The minor issues are known and can be worked around so no need for a quick update, enjoy the holiday or play in the code. :)

Seems like what i need is basically this circuit posted by @robsworld78 using the LM358D? I'd just hardwire it to the config i'd want for 10V out, put 3.3V PWM from the RPI in and get 0-10V analog out to feed into my gyre controller?

Yeah that circuit will put out a 0-10v analog signal so just need a few components.

What is everyone using for a PH board? I looked on tindie and the ML board is out of stock. The EZO is unavailable. Is there a newer better board out there?

I wouldn't mention it but as you can't find I do have some.

I have ML's board and Ron's from RoboTank. Both work great.

Glad it's working out and BTW it's Rob but hey 2 out 3 letters isn't that bad. :)

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you've done an amazing job, based on version number, 3.5 seems to be stable so maybe a good point to start 4.0. The minor issues are known and can be worked around so no need for a quick update, enjoy the holiday or play in the code. :)

Yeah that circuit will put out a 0-10v analog signal so just need a few components.

I wouldn't mention it but as you can't find I do have some.

Glad it's working out and BTW it's Rob but hey 2 out 3 letters isn't that bad. :)

Hahaha yeah, fat fingers got me on the phone. Edited.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the positives and negative going with the ezo board vs one of the prebuilt ones?
ezo is a minimum of board and carrier board which is atleast $55. With the pre-built ones you support a follow member and don't have to deal with the ezo crapping out on you after a few months.

Back