Reefer 750 XXL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up guys! I was due to receive my 750XXL couple weeks ago but my LFS is telling me the @Red Sea factory flooded and all the stands are ruined so now i am back to waiting for another shipment :( hopefully they get us an update soon! This tank is my Cancer Remission Upgrade so i am beyond anxious to get it in and setup! In the mean time thank you guys for all your pictures and inspiration i might have to steal a few of yalls ideas

Brandon9999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called my LFS today and actually they found a distributor that had two in stock!!! My tank will be here this Thursday. Has anyone that's received this tank done upgrades to the outlets? When I installed my last tank I did a dedicated circuit directly for the tank. Anyone having power issues? Also I am thinking of getting a power center from the e-series instead of running so many cords. I will be adding on a powerhead, skimmer, pump of course, the basics.... Can anyone also tell me on the deluxe edition how many plugs this tank has?
Are the Ai prime's daisy chained into one plug or four different one's?

Also anyone that has this tank set up and running corals send some pics!!!

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called my LFS today and actually they found a distributor that had two in stock!!! My tank will be here this Thursday. Has anyone that's received this tank done upgrades to the outlets? When I installed my last tank I did a dedicated circuit directly for the tank. Anyone having power issues? Also I am thinking of getting a power center from the e-series instead of running so many cords. I will be adding on a powerhead, skimmer, pump of course, the basics.... Can anyone also tell me on the deluxe edition how many plugs this tank has?
Are the Ai prime's daisy chained into one plug or four different one's?

Also anyone that has this tank set up and running corals send some pics!!!

There are no outlets that come with this tank if you are talking about the 750xxl.
Also, I have the deluxe and the AI's have 4 separate plugs.
I have my Return Pump, Apex 2016, 2 wav pumps, heater 800w, all 4 AI lights, 250int Skimmer, power head for GFO/Carbon reactor and under cab lighting all on my 20amp house plug with no issues. I think with all of it on at the same time I calculated 15 or so amps being pulled.

Good luck on your build and hope to see it soon!

Brandon9999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I did get correspondence from REDSEA and they did say I can install two power stations from the e-series to use a power station. Just don't know if I really want to spend $180 for pretty power stations. But they sure are pretty lol.

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my 750xxl today! Super stoked. Got a question for y'all right out of the box.... is it supposed to come with the 650 ATO tank?
e7db99deffd76cfd05315497d6b00296.jpg

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my 750xxl today! Super stoked. Got a question for y'all right out of the box.... is it supposed to come with the 650 ATO tank?
e7db99deffd76cfd05315497d6b00296.jpg
The red sea spec sheet lists the same ATO volume for the 750 and 650, so long as dimensions are the same, I would think it's ok. Could always give them a call in the morning to check..

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my tank in and the stand built. Unfortunately the bottom glass is dinged/chipped. Will be contacting RedSea to see what they say :(
c262da6b1f3e55b98b555c800d6971bf.jpg
ca272a1110194d4f6701a70a4ad55dcd.jpg

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Total bummer.

I know! Im pretty upset. I waited 4+ months for this day and when i took the plastic wrap and styrofoam off i stepped on a small piece of glass, i knew right then something was screwed up :( took me about 5 min to figure out where it came from, then i sick

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the flooring for the dry cabinet was all scratched up. Wasn't planning on putting that door on, and rather keeping it open for all my electronics and chiller but it might have to reconsider because I eyes will instantly go to that every time I walk by. Also sent note to red sea about this as well.
5ec0238dfde2bc149a2adea09de2944e.jpg

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the flooring for the dry cabinet was all scratched up. Wasn't planning on putting that door on, and rather keeping it open for all my electronics and chiller but it might have to reconsider because I eyes will instantly go to that every time I walk by. Also sent note to red sea about this as well.
5ec0238dfde2bc149a2adea09de2944e.jpg
My guess is that RedSea will make this all right. Drag to have to wait so long and then have to get replacement parts. Kind of like Christmas when someone makes a donation in your name when you were hoping for a new fishing rod (my wife did that to me ;).

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is that RedSea will make this all right. Drag to have to wait so long and then have to get replacement parts. Kind of like Christmas when someone makes a donation in your name when you were hoping for a new fishing rod (my wife did that to me ;).
LMBO!! exactly! glad to know someone knows how i feel hahaha, i hope so for a product that costs an arm and a leg like this i expected dang near perfection.

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got off the phone with RedSea, got lucky and somehow the CEO answered the phone when I called, very sweet lady. I explained the situation and they are going to take care of it! Prayers answered!

Brandon9999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what return pump did everyone go with? I see alot of Varios8's. Just wondering if it is worth the money. I have been put on a crazy strict budget by the boss(WIFE!), so for part two can I get by with a reef octopus classic 202s as a skimmer?
1.What return pump did you go with?
2. What Skimmer?

Kanno I also had a small crack in my back rear glass and one of the metal pieces in the cabinet hardware seemed broken. What did redsea do to fix it for you?

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what return pump did everyone go with? I see alot of Varios8's. Just wondering if it is worth the money. I have been put on a crazy strict budget by the boss(WIFE!), so for part two can I get by with a reef octopus classic 202s as a skimmer?
1. What return pump did you go with?
2. What Skimmer?

I bought the Varios 8 and am happy with it so far. Is it worth it? That will depend on long term reliability which as of now is an unknown. I run it at max and it being adjustable speed really adds no value to me other than the fact that DC pumps run cooler.

I use the Reef Octopus 220 INT Elite and it is a great skimmer. Again with the controller function-the way it works on these is pretty useless. There are 5 speed adjustment settings and I can basically use only one- One step down is nowhere near enough and 1 step higher is uncontrollable overflow. I really wish that is had micro settings or a dial where you could really get it perfect.

So while both I am happy with both of these pieces, I don't feel the premium you pay for "adjustability" is worth it because :

A. You typically don't need to adjust the flow on a return pump.
B. The Varios 6 that feeds the skimmer isn't functionally "adjustable".

I have been reading that the components used to build DC pump controllers typically crap out after a few years depending on the quality of resistors and capacitors used-I sure hope that I can get some decent mileage out of these with the prices being as high as they were. If money is a concern, there are plenty of pumps/skimmers out there that can give you the same performance and time tested reliability for a fraction of the cost if you are willing to not have "the latest technology".

HTH

Red Sea Reefer 750xxl Build Thread
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-red-sea-reefer-xxl750-build.323190/[/QUOTE]

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Varios 8

2. What Skimmer?

Reef Octo 250 int

These both are controlled by my apex and they seem to work great so far...no noise. Also with the sump separator at max refugium I'm able to fit the 250 in the skimmer area. I did not go with the space saver as it was wider than the non space saver.

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2. What Skimmer?

Kanno I also had a small crack in my back rear glass and one of the metal pieces in the cabinet hardware seemed broken. What did redsea do to fix it for you?

Red Sea Replaced the tank, I actually got it today! They replaced it without question, i was actually very surprised.

1) I Went with the Vectra M1 return pump
2) Skimmer i am going with the NYOS 220 if i can sell my SKIMZ 201 Monster.

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As i mentioned above I got my Replacement tank today. Now big question, and im hoping you guys can help. I already put my drain pipes in the overflow, as yall know they lock in place, so how do i get them out? there has got to be some kind of trick to this right?

Back