Reefer 750 XXL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting on my LFS to order mine in and keep getting the run around. Thinking about ordering this online myself as there are some good rewards offers floating out there.

How is lifting the tank? I'm guessing this thing weighs a good amount and it's what I'm most nervous about.

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting on my LFS to order mine in and keep getting the run around. Thinking about ordering this online myself as there are some good rewards offers floating out there.

How is lifting the tank? I'm guessing this thing weighs a good amount and it's what I'm most nervous about.
Heaviest tank I have ever lifted. I had four guys and it was fine but. I put a suction cup on the side and attempted to lift it and nada

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heaviest tank I have ever lifted. I had four guys and it was fine but. I put a suction cup on the side and attempted to lift it and nada

Makes me hesitant... Going with the LFS and making it their liability makes it a lot less stressful, if only they could tell me when they can get it in the wait is killing me. Could save tax and get rewards points online too...decisions, decisions.

What lights and return are you going with?

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes me hesitant... Going with the LFS and making it their liability makes it a lot less stressful, if only they could tell me when they can get it in the wait is killing me. Could save tax and get rewards points online too...decisions, decisions.

What lights and return are you going with?
I don't know man. Rewards are hard to pass up.

Probably a 8bulb ATI or three 400w MH

GoGo98102

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of my LFS would move it for me. That's why I didn't get it. Not even when I offered to pay extra.

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of my LFS would move it for me. That's why I didn't get it. Not even when I offered to pay extra.
If it helps I called Two Men and A Truck, they are coming are meeting me here to swap the tanks on and off the stand for me for only $100. They said it would be 300 to do delivery but I always have it so just need the man power

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H
If it helps I called Two Men and A Truck, they are coming are meeting me here to swap the tanks on and off the stand for me for only $100. They said it would be 300 to do delivery but I always have it so just need the man power

Hmmm maybe I’ll call around. It’s a logistics nightmare, isn’t the tank shipped on top of the tank parts? Wonder what the cost would be to move the tank from garage into a living room.

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is. Most moving company's have loading decks so it's not hard to get it in and out of the truck. They are charging me $100 to go from the garage to the kitchen, and taking the broken tank back to the garage.

GoGo98102

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is. Most moving company's have loading decks so it's not hard to get it in and out of the truck. They are charging me $100 to go from the garage to the kitchen, and taking the broken tank back to the garage.
LOL you are lucky. I have to hire a crane plus people to move mine because I want it in my living room on the 2nd floor. The estimate was $1,000.

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL you are lucky. I have to hire a crane plus people to move mine because I want it in my living room on the 2nd floor. The estimate was $1,000.
Well now your just trying to show off lol.... $1000 ain't nothing if it's what's you want ya know? I mean I bought the homewrecker right when it came out only to see one at the next show same price double the size lol

jbslade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Just signed up for reef2reef. Received my 750 deluxe tank last week and will be building the stand tonight. Tomorrow it gets put on it with the help of three others with suction cups! This will be my first reef aquarium and I have been researching for many months.

How many with the 750xxls are putting them on a floor above another level? I plan to put mine in the foyer in our house which is above the finished basement. Over 2,000lbs in such a condensed area makes me a bit nervous.

GoGo98102

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Just signed up for reef2reef. Received my 750 deluxe tank last week and will be building the stand tonight. Tomorrow it gets put on it with the help of three others with suction cups! This will be my first reef aquarium and I have been researching for many months.

How many with the 750xxls are putting them on a floor above another level? I plan to put mine in the foyer in our house which is above the finished basement. Over 2,000lbs in such a condensed area makes me a bit nervous.
You're fine as long as you put the tank near the outside walls and long side perpendicular to the joints. I once had a 240 on my 2nd floor.

jbslade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're fine as long as you put the tank near the outside walls and long side perpendicular to the joints. I once had a 240 on my 2nd floor.

It is not on an outside wall, but is against a load bearing wall with steel beam and 2x10's running perpendicular. I have called a structural engineer to evaluate but had thoughts that might be overkill from what I have read.

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a sub-floor not a basement and I purchased 4 jacks ( http://www.homedepot.com/p/Tiger-Brand-Super-S-15-in-Jack-Post-J-S-15/202222930 ), a couple of hardwood panels, two 4x4's and some brackets from Home Depot and reinforced the floor under where I put the tank. (Floor will hold 40,000 lbs now! Jacks were only $25 each)
At over 2000+lbs the floor will hold it but over the long run it is possible for that floor to sag and place unequal weight on the glass which I thought might cause a blow out after a few years ;Drowning , but then I wanted to sleep soundly at night. ;)

jbslade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brandon9999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As i mentioned above I got my Replacement tank today. Now big question, and im hoping you guys can help. I already put my drain pipes in the overflow, as yall know they lock in place, so how do i get them out? there has got to be some kind of trick to this right?
How did your tank arrive? Was it from some odd third party company, and how did you get it in your house? I am thinking of using a 500 lb hydraulic cart.

jbslade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did your tank arrive? Was it from some odd third party company, and how did you get it in your house? I am thinking of using a 500 lb hydraulic cart.

I just got my tank moved into the house and on stand today. 4 guys, and 4 very good suction cups and it wasn't that bad. Took them out for some beers, pizza, and wings afterward ($100).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back