Reefer 750 XXL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a Varios8 also (gotta love Black Friday) and do have the VCA adapter. However, the noise is definitely coming from flowing over the filter sock baffles. Unless you run the sump at highest depth the water has to drop. I picked up the filter sock cups off Marine Depot so maybe that will work.

Bigger issue is the new skimmer seems to overskim like mad at 8 inches of water depth. Going to have to build my platform even higher.

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a Varios8 also (gotta love Black Friday) and do have the VCA adapter. However, the noise is definitely coming from flowing over the filter sock baffles. Unless you run the sump at highest depth the water has to drop. I picked up the filter sock cups off Marine Depot so maybe that will work.

Bigger issue is the new skimmer seems to overskim like mad at 8 inches of water depth. Going to have to build my platform even higher.
The V8 is hooked to the Apex running off 0-10v switch. I turned it down to 80% as was finally able to get rid of the noise and water level in drain is about 1/2 inch from top of emergency overflow.
The normal noise of the water in the sump is not a problem as I leave the sump fairly high but low enough if the power goes out so it back fills to just a hair above the bottom of the plastic piece that holds the top off water.
I have the V6 running my octo 250 int at 8 inchs and it is running at max and after the break (during break in it went up and down) in it works good. Setting the drain to almost all the way open and the start of the bubbles is just under the neck. But seems to be working. I can always turn it down too.

and yes I have the VCA adapter with two outputs. I drilled a small hole in the 90 degree adapter i added so there would be a siphon break. Works great.

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The V8 is hooked to the Apex running off 0-10v switch. I turned it down to 80% as was finally able to get rid of the noise and water level in drain is about 1/2 inch from top of emergency overflow.
The normal noise of the water in the sump is not a problem as I leave the sump fairly high but low enough if the power goes out so it back fills to just a hair above the bottom of the plastic piece that holds the top off water.
I have the V6 running my octo 250 int at 8 inchs and it is running at max and after the break (during break in it went up and down) in it works good. Setting the drain to almost all the way open and the start of the bubbles is just under the neck. But seems to be working. I can always turn it down too.

and yes I have the VCA adapter with two outputs. I drilled a small hole in the 90 degree adapter i added so there would be a siphon break. Works great.

I'm hoping the Varios makes a difference. With all the shipping madness mine got delayed until the 8th...

As for the skimmer, I had to elevate it to just 2 inches water depth to get skim, which in turn made it impossible to remove the cup. I took it down to 6 inches this morning now theres some film but still overflowing. Really want it to break in soon.

My90Sea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ANY CHANCE ON ORDERING THE PLUMBING FOR THE 750 ? I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE!!!

Whispers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my xxl750... just finished building the stand . What’s the easiest way to get this tank on the stand.. sooo heavy any details will help thanks in advance

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my xxl750... just finished building the stand . What’s the easiest way to get this tank on the stand.. sooo heavy any details will help thanks in advance
@HotRockTarBaby and I did it with the moving straps (around the shoulders and back. And one or two spotters. Two strong men can handle it with the straps. Well, 1.5 because if @HotRockTarBaby can do it, anyone can!

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you tie the straps to the tank?
The straps go underneath the tank and two men (one on each side) lift it with their legs and another man guides from the front as it’s lifted up. IMO it’s the only safe way to move it. It’s an absolute beast. My 180 is a Standard with dual overflow and feels like it weighs like 30-40% less!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Whispers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I

Really I was thinking suction cups and 4 people would work

I thought about going that route at first, but getting four guys, and the tank through doorway together is not easy. We walked mine in no problem just the two of us with the shoulder harnesses. Not to mention if you need a break, you only have to go down a foot or two. Tank weighs 540 lbs. Suction cups that are trustworthy for that weight class, are around 100 bucks each. (According to a glass expert I talked to). So you'd spend at least 400 in cups, only giving each guy one to hang on to, versus the 30 or so for harness. Just a thought. The only thing we needed the extra help for was the lift up onto the stand! Good luck let us know how it goes.

Whispers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about going that route at first, but getting four guys, and the tank through doorway together is not easy. We walked mine in no problem just the two of us with the shoulder harnesses. Not to mention if you need a break, you only have to go down a foot or two. Tank weighs 540 lbs. Suction cups that are trustworthy for that weight class, are around 100 bucks each. (According to a glass expert I talked to). So you'd spend at least 400 in cups, only giving each guy one to hang on to, versus the 30 or so for harness. Just a thought. The only thing we needed the extra help for was the lift up onto the stand! Good luck let us know how it goes.
We built a crate for the bottom and slid it down steps with 2 cups and man power. now it’s time to put it on the stand and I’m a little worried thanks for all the info

Whispers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We built a crate for the bottom and slid it down steps with 2 cups and man power. now it’s time to put it on the stand and I’m a little worried thanks for all the info
What kind of return pump are you using?

Whispers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
360A4C90-47C4-4DB6-ADFF-7BDC12B28C06.jpeg
What kind of return pump are you using?
Tank is up we used 6 suction cups all borrowed thank god it was easy with 4 guys

Whispers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!

How are you mounting the Radions? From the ceiling?

Is that a Nyos 160? Thinking about ditching my RO Elite 200
Yes from the ceiling on a rail that they sell
No that’s the Nyos 220 maybe over kill let’s see

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m also thinking about getting the light kit. It’s only $170 for all the parts. Following along to see what it looks like. Looking good, I just received mine last weekend.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back