Reefer 750 XXL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I gave the LFS a good 5+ weeks and still no timing on the tank... I went ahead and ordered online, sadly was only able to get the standard not the deluxe but I guess that opens up options...

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only 2? It should cross about 4...

Yeah, sorry, it ran parallel to the joist...here's a pic
Tank reinforcement.jpg

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my order is shipped! If all goes to plan I will have the tank next week.

Now comes the hard decisions; lighting and flow. So many options...

If one of you guys could help me, does the overflow box cover have a cut out for a light mount if I decide to go with a 3 light option?

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my order is shipped! If all goes to plan I will have the tank next week.

Now comes the hard decisions; lighting and flow. So many options...

If one of you guys could help me, does the overflow box cover have a cut out for a light mount if I decide to go with a 3 light option?
It does not have a cut out but the overflow cover is removable and you could cut out a piece of it for the light.

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still about 2 months out for me..I can't wait . Anyone running the jebao return pumps with their tank ? I'm normally not a jebao guy but the returns get good reviews and for a 100 bucks seems like a decent option

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still about 2 months out for me..I can't wait . Anyone running the jebao return pumps with their tank ? I'm normally not a jebao guy but the returns get good reviews and for a 100 bucks seems like a decent option
I went ahead and picked to the DCT1200 to try out. Was thinking about going with a Vectra but the L1 is on backorder through deep December. I've ran Jebao a DCT9000 before with good results. I'll let you know how it is!

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called my LFS today and actually they found a distributor that had two in stock!!! My tank will be here this Thursday. Has anyone that's received this tank done upgrades to the outlets? When I installed my last tank I did a dedicated circuit directly for the tank. Anyone having power issues? Also I am thinking of getting a power center from the e-series instead of running so many cords. I will be adding on a powerhead, skimmer, pump of course, the basics.... Can anyone also tell me on the deluxe edition how many plugs this tank has?
Are the Ai prime's daisy chained into one plug or four different one's?

Also anyone that has this tank set up and running corals send some pics!!!

I just finished setting my Xxl 750. I went w kessil ap700 and 2 72' ReefBrights.. insane lighting. A whole lotta Blue, just how I like it. I also went w the Reef Octopus Elite 150ss Skimmer, The Vectra M1 pump w Battery Backup, Aqua Medic Reefdoser Evo 4, And an AI prime w the 12' gooseneck for my Refugium. I just went to Lowes and got their 10 outlet 3 ft long surge protector and mounted it behind the tank on the wall about 18' off floor. Real Nice setup. Filling her up this weekend, so stoked!! Good luck w yours, Mike

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Month four for mine. Started dosing fritz 2
Part. Got about 50 frags in. They need to grow! Will update some photos this week.

Brandon9999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that went with the Varios8, what setting do you have it on and did you keep red seas original plumbing or cut the smallest point out? I see it narrows down to 1/2 inch internal diameter on the choke point. Won’t that negate the power of the pump?

Brandon9999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Month four for mine. Started dosing fritz 2
Part. Got about 50 frags in. They need to grow! Will update some photos this week.
Need pics now! It’s been 22 days since my first tank was shipped. Now I am held up by the plastic clips that weren’t sent with the lighting for the deluxe model

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that went with the Varios8, what setting do you have it on and did you keep red seas original plumbing or cut the smallest point out? I see it narrows down to 1/2 inch internal diameter on the choke point. Won’t that negate the power of the pump?

I'm running 90% power with my varios8 and I left the plumbing as is. Had to back off on the flow a tad. The "choke point" will reduce the GPH but I'm still unable to go 100% so does not seem to matter.

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running 90% power with my varios8 and I left the plumbing as is. Had to back off on the flow a tad. The "choke point" will reduce the GPH but I'm still unable to go 100% so does not seem to matter.

I also have the VarioS-8 and run it on 4th (out of 5) setting which is 2,160 gph.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have the VarioS-8 and run it on 4th (out of 5) setting which is 2,160 gph.
Is that measured or what the pump says it should do. I do not see any way the Red Sea plumbing would be able to handle that type of flow esp with 3/4 plumbing which is reduced to 1/2 at the barn and not to mention you would need a 1 1/2 pipe at full suction to handle that gph and if I’m not mistaken the drain is a one inch pipe

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that measured or what the pump says it should do. I do not see any way the Red Sea plumbing would be able to handle that type of flow esp with 3/4 plumbing which is reduced to 1/2 at the barn and not to mention you would need a 1 1/2 pipe at full suction to handle that gph and if I’m not mistaken the drain is a one inch pipe

What the pump says.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the pump says.
Ok just so u know ur prolly better off running it at 3 or 2 (haven’t looked at pump specs) then the 20 or so gph ur gaining from running it at four isn’t worth the money in electric
I had (recently upgraded the plumbing to 1 1/4 which doubled the gph At half the watts) a vectra m1 with 3/4 plumbing maxing it out at 100 I was getting 490 gph At 80% I was getting 450 but with the money I was saving in electric was insane 80 watts at 100% and 55 watts at 80% so not only was I saving money in electric but wear and tear on my pump as well all for 40 gph.

I love these tanks but the plumbing is a huge downfall

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What water level is everyone running in their sump? I can't seem to get a quiet system with anything other than the highest level. Otherwise, I get very audible water rushing/falling.

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one w a Vectra M1 Vs pump. I had to throttle suction valve down quite a bit. Prolly 1/4 -1/3 opened running pump around 75%. When I change pump speed I also have to adjust suction valve w it to avoid any noise. Just gotta find that sweet spot on the suction valve and will be super quiet. I also added a Y fitting to lock link on return nozzle. What a huge improvement. Kinda ridiculous that Redsea doesn't have already on there, nor even offer as an upgrade.

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same problem AJsReef. I have water flowing into the emergency overflow to get the gurgle noise to stop. I guess I have to try and turn down the Varios8 pump next to see if that makes a difference. It's all the way up. I spent days dialing it up and down with it still gurgling every 5 to 10 mins. I closed the valve all the way and opened it a little at a time until the gurgle came back then went a turn the other way and that's where I am at at the moment. Red Sea people please chime in with what you had to do to get it to work. (thanks Michael Naegeli) hopefully someone with a Varios8 will help me. :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back