Reefers 60 and over

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2018
Messages
2,230
Reaction score
6,891
Location
Hayward
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very curious on us older reefers. I broke past the 60 year old mark and do love this hobby but at what point do you say "I just can't do this anymore " Its very easy to be younger and say I'll be doing this forever but the body doesn't stay strong forever. I'd love to do a bigger tank but I think Im gone settle on another AIO. What are your thoughts
 
Heavy lifting is my primary concern, and for all water transfers, I've arranged for electricity to do the work now. :)
 
My recent tank is AIO 33 gallon and a connected 16 gallon started 2 years ago at 55. No desire to do bigger…big tanks just require more HP that I don’t have anymore.
Here I’m almost 2 decades ago…
IMG_1120.png
 
I can still move a Tropic Marin 200g bucket. But just barely and I won’t order those anymore.
 
66 closing in on 67.
Still bow hunting, bike riding, but i did give up mountain biking last year.
Just started a IM Lagoon 25.
I can still lift etc. But 66 years has taught me, if it ain't easy I dont do it. So I always try to automated anything I can.

I got a big discus tank that requires a lot of a water changes. I got it down to dragging one hose up a flight of stairs and hitting the button on an app.

My new dilemma is with my im lagoon. I have to have a source for rodi topoff and a source for saltwater but I only want to use 1 python.
I think if I plumb two submersible pumps with pvc and valves to one python connection I'm good to go.
Pretty much a standard mixing station but with two submersible pumps.
 
I turned 74 this year and have no plans to quit now.
I do have to tell the FedEx guy to drop the boxes of salt off at the garage door.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new