Reefmat Float sensor project

hellsangelbx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have a freshwater tank for my son and my local fishstore sold me this reefmat. One issue is, is doesn't play well with brackish or freshwater. I didn't know until installation and then ran water through it. I can only use it two ways , 1) through a manual button that moves new fleece into position / 2) through the reefbeat app you can change the fleece in the app. I thought it can be tricked by cutting the titanium sensor for installing the auto aqua water level sensor. It didn't go so well. I attached a photo of my hack. The electrical tape is there for temp signal connection. I was going to solder or heat shrink the connections if I got the schematic right. So far there are three wires on the reefmat sensor and there were three wires on the auto aqua. I tried connecting the same color wires together with no luck and then I tried all the combinations with no luck. I think this has something to do with the motor. Does anyone have an idea how I could make this work?

20221230_184024.jpg

OP
OP
H

hellsangelbx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I can only use the sensor to tell me when it gets wet and then use the automat at this point. Thanks for the reply

Alotton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have a freshwater tank for my son and my local fishstore sold me this reefmat. One issue is, is doesn't play well with brackish or freshwater. I didn't know until installation and then ran water through it. I can only use it two ways , 1) through a manual button that moves new fleece into position / 2) through the reefbeat app you can change the fleece in the app. I thought it can be tricked by cutting the titanium sensor for installing the auto aqua water level sensor. It didn't go so well. I attached a photo of my hack. The electrical tape is there for temp signal connection. I was going to solder or heat shrink the connections if I got the schematic right. So far there are three wires on the reefmat sensor and there were three wires on the auto aqua. I tried connecting the same color wires together with no luck and then I tried all the combinations with no luck. I think this has something to do with the motor. Does anyone have an idea how I could make this work?

20221230_184024.jpg
Red Sea is working on a prototype sensor for freshwater systems. I am currently testing one of the prototypes on my 130 gal Discus display and 40 gal remote sump system - so far so good and I assume a marketable freshwater version will be released in the near future. I must say that I love the ReefMat - it not only keeps my display crystal clear, but my sump is super clean too. Brilliant design, and super easy to change fleece rolls. Sept 27, 2023

Alotton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to post photos.

Attachments

• Red Sea RM500.JPG
    Red Sea RM500.JPG
    211.9 KB · Views: 94
  • WB 130.JPG
    WB 130.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 123

Deanpeak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea is working on a prototype sensor for freshwater systems. I am currently testing one of the prototypes on my 130 gal Discus display and 40 gal remote sump system - so far so good and I assume a marketable freshwater version will be released in the near future. I must say that I love the ReefMat - it not only keeps my display crystal clear, but my sump is super clean too. Brilliant design, and super easy to change fleece rolls. Sept 27, 2023
So there is a ray of hope for a freshwater sensor. I got the reefmat 1200 before knowing the sensor would not work in freshwater. So been dojng a lot of manual advancement. Do you know if they are looking for anymore testers?

Alotton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there is a ray of hope for a freshwater sensor. I got the reefmat 1200 before knowing the sensor would not work in freshwater. So been dojng a lot of manual advancement. Do you know if they are looking for anymore testers?
I am not sure if they are, but I was in your same boat and purchased the ReefMat before I realized it would not work with FW. I contacted RedSea several times -and begged them to release a freshwater version, but with no luck. Then out of the blue several months later, I was asked to beta test a prototype. I am very happy with the results so far, and RedSea is remotely monitoring my data. I would assume they will launch a FW version in the coming months. Cheers!

Attachments

• RedSea RM.JPG
    RedSea RM.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 111

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back