Return Pumps (Danner)

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My sump is 15’ down in the basement. It’s a 150g Rubbermaid stock tank.

I’ve been recommended the Danner Mag 3600 Pump as an option. I used a smaller Mag pump for literally about an hour 5+ years ago before quickly realizing it was too loud under-cabinet. Back then they had a reputation for being reliable, cheap, and noisy.

This will be in the basement and sound insulated so I’m less worried about that (but would like some input). Basically would love some feedback on people who have used this pump long term. Reliability, heat, and noise being of concern.

My second option is the Hammerhead Gold Hybrid which would be external. I’m wary of using an external pump (never done it) but these are apparently quieter and have less heat transfer. Any long term reviews or opinions would be appreciated.

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

My sump is 15’ down in the basement. It’s a 150g Rubbermaid stock tank.

I’ve been recommended the Danner Mag 3600 Pump as an option. I used a smaller Mag pump for literally about an hour 5+ years ago before quickly realizing it was too loud under-cabinet. Back then they had a reputation for being reliable, cheap, and noisy.

This will be in the basement and sound insulated so I’m less worried about that (but would like some input). Basically would love some feedback on people who have used this pump long term. Reliability, heat, and noise being of concern.

My second option is the Hammerhead Gold Hybrid which would be external. I’m wary of using an external pump (never done it) but these are apparently quieter and have less heat transfer. Any long term reviews or opinions would be appreciated.
I have a hammer external pump its been running 24/7 for my mixing barrels in the garage never had a problem with them. setup was super easy as all i did was purchase some pvc bulkheads so that i can remove it from the system when cleaning. never used danner but for the price that i see you might have better luck with the ecotech L2

OP
OP
S

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hammer external pump its been running 24/7 for my mixing barrels in the garage never had a problem with them. setup was super easy as all i did was purchase some pvc bulkheads so that i can remove it from the system when cleaning. never used danner but for the price that i see you might have better luck with the ecotech L2
Thanks. The Vectra is a little light on flow. Also I hate them. I need around 1000gph back to the DT and I’d like an extra 500gph to the refugium.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back