returning problem

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so a while back my tank became cloudy and it went away but randomly my tank well be cloudy but it always goes away. whats going on any ideas. i also cant seem to get my power heads( a modded mj1200 and a modded 400 ) does any one have any ideas to keep my sand in place i would love to add a deeper sand bed to my disply i love the look of 4 1/2 inch dsb in my fuge

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what i was thinking to bc of his avatar, but as long as the powerheads are not pointed towards the sand

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a 75g display single hang on back overflow with 1inch pvc drain pipe to a t and ball valve main line runs straight to my 29 gal sump the split line runs low flow to my DIY 35 gal refug witch intell i get a new pump gets pumped back to the sump to return to the display. i have a deep sand bed in my fuge of arognite suger size grain and mirical mud live rock chetamorph. my ruturn pump to the display is a mag 7. i have the mod holder for the mj mods as well any thought on the flow the cloudyness is just annoying. ps in my sump it drains through a pura pad tehn hits the skimmer sponge to trap any bubbles cleaned reguraly heater

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive put them every where and whever it hits the glass in the tank it blows the sand away from the like the corners if on front or back panel and the middle if angled on the back glass. and my avatar isnt up to date lol it was befor my big redo lol also i have 2 250watthqi on layaway with plans for suplment with t5's just need my friends camera again lol

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
currently i have them attached to the midle of the tank pointeing agenst the back glass on oppisite sided of the tank so i dont have to see the mess lol

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha idk then seems like ur powerheads, i use k1s in my 55 i have four of them and my sand doesnt move an inch

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe makes yeah think i love the mj mods tons of random flow buut still directs to much i guess because its always where the current ricasheas of the glass. could it be the sand i used indo pacific live sand

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well that will have to be added to the list currently paying on lights then canpy material then AP Bullet skimmer for up to 250 gal then another return pump so i can return my water from the fuge to the DT instead of the sump. then time to restock corals lots of frags SPS clam and lots of zoas for the bottom. but if this is going to be an issue i guess it will have to happen soon. any one see a problem in adding 2 or 3 inches to my sand bed

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i realy only visit this forum lol creature of habbit i guess. but honestly im unhappy with the rock work right now so im moving all pieces smaller than my hand to the fuge and hopeing to get alot better look and clean everything its my day off and i have one last idea for my flow but i think i need to get my rocks just right i want everything to be stable when i get the new lights.

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool cool sounds good also im soon to either set up a FOWLR for my betta and line and keeping a friendly part of the reef with the changes all going on lol

OP
OP
Garth Schafluetzel

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well it sucks for me because my tank looks horrible in my pick (not saying its what i want it to be ) 3 in the morning after doing plumbing all night after moving everything from the split stand to the new one i mad it got through back together as quickly as possible lol.

Back