Ricordia Yuma sick??

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello:
What is going on with my ricordia mushroom. I have had it for about a month bought at my LFS.
I was doing great until the weekend - half of it seems to have died?
everything else in my tank is great.
I have 3 Yumas 2 from Seattlecorals.com & 1 from WOrldwidecorals.com.
I just moved him yesterday - before he was below the other 3 mushroom corals - I had this guy 1st
Everything is thriving - except the polyps I bought online that came damaged that I’m trying to save.
Please see the video. Attached is a photo of my Seneye parameters - the calcium is 400 & magnesium 1275.

I have an AI light with the suggested bulk reef supply settings - Seneye light readings aren’t correct as I haven’t floated the light part for readingsj

8C78CFEA-DFC1-4CAF-91B5-8CE745BC30CE.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
JennyH3

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AI light with the suggested bulk reef supply settings - Seneye light readings aren’t correct as I haven’t floated the light part for readings

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to me like it could be one of two things. Its either dropping a baby (through pedal laceration), or it’s being stung by something (in general, Yumas will win most fights, though they can get damaged, but they are pretty hardy so they usually recover).

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have to go with injury. Usually, if they split, they would tear half and half. Yuma usually do not split. They leave small buds behind. Something happened.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello:
What is going on with my ricordia mushroom. I have had it for about a month bought at my LFS.
I was doing great until the weekend - half of it seems to have died?
everything else in my tank is great.
I have 3 Yumas 2 from Seattlecorals.com & 1 from WOrldwidecorals.com.
I just moved him yesterday - before he was below the other 3 mushroom corals - I had this guy 1st
Everything is thriving - except the polyps I bought online that came damaged that I’m trying to save.
Please see the video. Attached is a photo of my Seneye parameters - the calcium is 400 & magnesium 1275.

I have an AI light with the suggested bulk reef supply settings - Seneye light readings aren’t correct as I haven’t floated the light part for readingsj

8C78CFEA-DFC1-4CAF-91B5-8CE745BC30CE.png
I wish I coul dhelp with your question but dont feel qualified to give advise! I wanted to ask how did you get your seneye to give you reading? I though they only measure amonia! I bought one but could never get it to work! I iwsh I could so I could use it for par reading but would definitely use it if I knew it measured all those other parameters! The only thing I could get to work was the the par I think! Its been so long I cant remember ..lol. Could you please tell me if it measure al that so I can try to get it going again! Thanks!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back