Ricordia Yuma sick??

JennyH3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2021
Messages
41
Reaction score
18
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello:
What is going on with my ricordia mushroom. I have had it for about a month bought at my LFS.
I was doing great until the weekend - half of it seems to have died?
everything else in my tank is great.
I have 3 Yumas 2 from Seattlecorals.com & 1 from WOrldwidecorals.com.
I just moved him yesterday - before he was below the other 3 mushroom corals - I had this guy 1st
Everything is thriving - except the polyps I bought online that came damaged that I’m trying to save.
Please see the video. Attached is a photo of my Seneye parameters - the calcium is 400 & magnesium 1275.
https://youtube.com/shorts/u-dI8KfQegg?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/ikFPQYgzYyY?feature=share
I have an AI light with the suggested bulk reef supply settings - Seneye light readings aren’t correct as I haven’t floated the light part for readingsj

8C78CFEA-DFC1-4CAF-91B5-8CE745BC30CE.png
 
Last edited:
I have an AI light with the suggested bulk reef supply settings - Seneye light readings aren’t correct as I haven’t floated the light part for readings
 
Looks to me like it could be one of two things. Its either dropping a baby (through pedal laceration), or it’s being stung by something (in general, Yumas will win most fights, though they can get damaged, but they are pretty hardy so they usually recover).
 
Hello:
What is going on with my ricordia mushroom. I have had it for about a month bought at my LFS.
I was doing great until the weekend - half of it seems to have died?
everything else in my tank is great.
I have 3 Yumas 2 from Seattlecorals.com & 1 from WOrldwidecorals.com.
I just moved him yesterday - before he was below the other 3 mushroom corals - I had this guy 1st
Everything is thriving - except the polyps I bought online that came damaged that I’m trying to save.
Please see the video. Attached is a photo of my Seneye parameters - the calcium is 400 & magnesium 1275.
https://youtube.com/shorts/u-dI8KfQegg?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/ikFPQYgzYyY?feature=share
I have an AI light with the suggested bulk reef supply settings - Seneye light readings aren’t correct as I haven’t floated the light part for readingsj

8C78CFEA-DFC1-4CAF-91B5-8CE745BC30CE.png
I wish I coul dhelp with your question but dont feel qualified to give advise! I wanted to ask how did you get your seneye to give you reading? I though they only measure amonia! I bought one but could never get it to work! I iwsh I could so I could use it for par reading but would definitely use it if I knew it measured all those other parameters! The only thing I could get to work was the the par I think! Its been so long I cant remember ..lol. Could you please tell me if it measure al that so I can try to get it going again! Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new