Rics Shrinking

bcfiskins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new setup and my single rics coral seems to be shrinking. I have it in a fairly high flow zone about 2/3rds of the way up. Would you all recommend to keep it low in the tank? Also, high or low flow? All params see to be in order. Thoughts?

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my rics in low flow at the bottom of my tank they are under leds and are about 20" down & off to the side of the led you may have them under too much light & flow for their liking try them lower & see how they do how new is the tank? & what else do you have in there?

OP
OP
B

bcfiskins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few hermits, quite a few snails, 1 green chromes and 1 tomini tang. I only have 1 other coral and its on the other side of the tank..do you know what this is? Thanks!
IMG_0050.jpg

OP
OP
B

bcfiskins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Indy and bought them off a guy who sells them. The description is: 120w LED Fixture. 55-3w Epistar led's. Each 3w led is driven at 650mA and pushes 2w per led. 7200 lumens with all lights on. 110w of led and 10w of fans. Fans are on top and are upgraded to ensure they are quiet. Led's are independent circuits so if 1 goes out, the rest stay on. 19 blue, 19 royal blue, 9 10k and the last 8 are 6500k. The link is:150w LED Fixture. Any opinions about these LEDS would be helpful. He said that I would be able to keep most anything with them, just wondering if my rics should be lower if these are fairly strong. Also, tank is only 1 month old.

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my leds from reeffiltration also but mine are 2 watt my tank is 36L x 24W x 24D 95g. your leds are stronger than mine & my rics are doing great at the bottom of the tank think you need to lower your rics & get them in a lower flow area what size tank do you have & how high do you have the leds mounted?

Reef-a-holic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Ricordea florida...the easier to keep of the two. I would move it to the bottom all the same and see how it does. I don't typically put any of my Rics up very high although the florida's tend to be able to take a fair bit of light.

OP
OP
B

bcfiskins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75gal and I have them suspended about 6 inches above the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back