OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated FTS. The tank is doing well and officially about a year old.

AFF7B494-1D62-49F9-AA54-E462DE690897.jpeg

OP
OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to know the phosphates and nitrates in your tank. Can I pay you to ship me a sample of water? lol

How in the world is your growth so quick? It’s so impressive!

LOL, no idea! I think that is part of my success. Too many reefers chase numbers and don't allow for nature to take its course. I keep an eye on my glass and sand, and based on how often I have to clean them I can tell what the nutrients are like in the system.

Concerning the growth, its all about the bacteria. The corals are being fed daily with massive amounts of bacteria coming out of the Zeovit reactor. I pump the reactor once a day and cloud the entire system with bacteria. Corals can derive 100% of their nutrition from bacteria so there is no need to add anything else. Plus, the bacteria keep your system clean and balanced.

Really, I dont think that there is a better way to maintain a reef. Nature does all the heavy lifting and I get the credit. :p

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, no idea! I think that is part of my success. Too many reefers chase numbers and don't allow for nature to take its course. I keep an eye on my glass and sand, and based on how often I have to clean them I can tell what the nutrients are like in the system.
Am I gonna get a water sample though? Like I said, I’ll pay for it. ;)

I am mainly curious on how spot-on your intuition is.

bandando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... I keep an eye on my glass and sand, and based on how often I have to clean them I can tell what the nutrients are like in the system ...

For understanding ... how often do you clean the glass?

OP
OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I gonna get a water sample though? Like I said, I’ll pay for it. ;)

I am mainly curious on how spot-on your intuition is.

For curiosities sake, I may just run an ICP test.

Herbie's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I absolutely love your tank and your method.
I was wondering if you use a refugium? If not, why not?
also is your original kp live rock in the display or the sump unlit?

Thank you!

OP
OP
SunnyX

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I absolutely love your tank and your method.
I was wondering if you use a refugium? If not, why not?
also is your original kp live rock in the display or the sump unlit?

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you. I do not have a refugium as it would be incompatible with my bacterial driven method. I know from experience as the algae quickly died off once the bacteria and carbon dosing had commenced. A fuge is very beneficial and if it works well for you then by all means, continue employing it. I find the bacteria driven system more beneficial as it allows for increased coral grow in the system, providing an endless amount of clean nourishment.

Concerning the KP rocks, they are now in the display but in a previous system had sat int he sump for about two years.

-Sonny

Herbie's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Thank you. I do not have a refugium as it would be incompatible with my bacterial driven method. I know from experience as the algae quickly died off once the bacteria and carbon dosing had commenced. A fuge is very beneficial and if it works well for you then by all means, continue employing it. I find the bacteria driven system more beneficial as it allows for increased coral grow in the system, providing an endless amount of clean nourishment.

Concerning the KP rocks, they are now in the display but in a previous system had sat int he sump for about two years.

-Sonny
Thanks for the reply!

Good to know a fuge isn't very compatible with a bacterial driven method. I’ll keep that in mind when employing a bacterial driven method on my reef. Love your reef and all your corals!

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank looks amazing Sunny. You’ve got me wanting to do the Osmolator with Tunze Calcium dispenser/ All For Reef combo as well. I currently dose two part but the salinity change from 200ml a day is getting annoying. Is your Tunze calcium dispenser in your ATO container? Seems they recommend it be in a container in case of leaks, but I’m not sure I could fit one in mine.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back