1   0   0
Red splatter rock flower anemone $175
37D3B2E6-A037-4E2D-B22E-A33E2FF89D5B.jpeg

Mikeeal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day @PV Reefs , how do these ship? I've never owned one. I remember seeing them on Ventura coast growing up.

Mikeeal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any tank size requirements/can I add 4 or 6 to a 125 fish-only with good par?

OP
OP
PV Reefs

PV Reefs

@PV _Reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there any tank size requirements/can I add 4 or 6 to a 125 fish-only with good par?
Most definitely, ive bad about 50+ plus in a 75 gal before. They appreciate indirect flow, lighting ive had them under all points of intensity. They tend to stay put if you place them inside the rock work, something where they can place their foots inside of.

Mikeeal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's bare bottom with plenty of indirect flow. Does that sound good for them? Hmmm, I may need these. What am I missing why aren't they more popular?

OP
OP
PV Reefs

PV Reefs

@PV _Reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's bare bottom with plenty of indirect flow. Does that sound good for them? Hmmm, I may need these. What am I missing why aren't they more popular?
They will probably hang out on the rock scape, in terms of popularity I think people are scared of the word anemone haha. These guy dont split like bubble tips and stay generally small. For the colors you can get I think they are an absolute must. Everyone that takes the leap and gets them always come back for more.

OP
OP
PV Reefs

PV Reefs

@PV _Reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Uh, more info? Prices? Wysiwyg? Shipping?
$25 normals, 45 for ultras, more for premiums,.
Shipping is $45, free @ $400
I can discount for larger packs , wysiwyg available upon request

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$25 normals, 45 for ultras, more for premiums,.
Shipping is $45, free @ $400
I can discount for larger packs , wysiwyg available upon request
Can you update your website, it offers mostly nothing. I see a few anemone and that's it and nothing at $25

OP
OP
PV Reefs

PV Reefs

@PV _Reefs
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you update your website, it offers mostly nothing. I see a few anemone and that's it and nothing at $25
Yea my new batches go before they hit the site most of the time, I can update for Monday

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea my new batches go before they hit the site most of the time, I can update for Monday
For $25 I might buy a couple but there are many vendors out there that sell Ultras for well under $40(I'm not necessarily looking for Ultras, just good looking to me). What makes your Ultras worth more? Pics under "normal" people lights might help.

I'm always willing to help out small business, but it's got to be kinda close $$$ wise, especially since I'm a standard poor blue collar worker

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For $25 I might buy a couple but there are many vendors out there that sell Ultras for well under $40(I'm not necessarily looking for Ultras, just good looking to me). What makes your Ultras worth more? Pics under "normal" people lights might help.

I'm always willing to help out small business, but it's got to be kinda close $$$ wise, especially since I'm a standard poor blue collar worker

Been collecting RFAs since the 90s. In RFA world, ultra generally means it is an RFA that fluoresces (vs being the all green/red/sand colored RFAs that are found in very shallow water). Almost every RFA looks completely unremarkable under all whites.

Random info, but the few divers that collect them usually get paid like $4 per flower by the wholesaler. The wholesaler generally sells them to vendors for about ~$9-$12 each (again, these are for ultras) depending on season. Certain ultras might normally cost a little more (at a LFS) for a single flower if they are “rarer” types like bullseyes, splatters, etc. The higher ticket nems are the nicer splatters, two faces, chimeras.

Support small businesses, buy many nems (spread the RFA love!), but don’t overpay, my friend!

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been collecting RFAs since the 90s. In RFA world, ultra generally means it is an RFA that fluoresces (vs being the all green/red/sand colored RFAs that are found in very shallow water). Almost every RFA looks completely unremarkable under all whites.

Random info, but the few divers that collect them usually get paid like $4 per flower by the wholesaler. The wholesaler generally sells them to vendors for about ~$9-$12 each (again, these are for ultras) depending on season. Certain ultras might normally cost a little more (at a LFS) for a single flower if they are “rarer” types like bullseyes, splatters, etc. The higher ticket nems are the nicer splatters, two faces, chimeras.

Support small businesses, buy many nems (spread the RFA love!), but don’t overpay, my friend!
Sweet, your a shill for rfa. Awesome

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back