RODI question

  • Thread starter Thread starter jd371
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2015
Messages
2,119
Reaction score
2,113
Location
Long Island, New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my 4 stage RODI system up since last October and in this time I've only changed the DI resin. A little over a month ago I started to get algae and it progressively got worse. I cut down on the feeding, light and so on...you know the usual routine with algae.
Last night while mixing up some water I realized that the filters in the RODI are over 6 months old and maybe need replacing even though I'm still getting o TDS. I swapped them out with new ones and was shocked how dirty they where. I couldn't really tell they were that dirty because the RODI has tinted canisters and the TDS was reading 32 in and 0 out. Could this be the cause of algae even though I'm getting 0 TDS at the output?
 
I would think not.
If you are getting 0 TDS then there is nothing being introduced to the water besides what you feed.
 
I didn't think so. I've been following your peroxide thread and decided to start. Yesterday I received 3% food grade h202, and started the dosing last night. Hopefully what looks like cyano will be gone soon, if not I'll send you a sample. Thanks Todd.
 
Sounds like a plan!
Should see improvement within 7 days
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new