Seachem Garlic Guard Mysis & Selcon

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with Seachems Garlic Guard? I tried it with some fish in QT and it didn't seem to make a difference. Ended up they like PE Mysis but won't touch Hikari Mysis. I've also been adding a couple of drops of Selcon to whatever I offer. Started with live brine shrimp and added Selcon to that too. I figure maybe they'll start to recognize anything with Selcon as food. I also wanted to boost nutrition as they were eating so little and only live brine shrimp to begin with.

Looking for experiences with Garlic Guard, good or bad...

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fallguy44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with Seachems Garlic Guard? I tried it with some fish in QT and it didn't seem to make a difference. Ended up they like PE Mysis but won't touch Hikari Mysis. I've also been adding a couple of drops of Selcon to whatever I offer. Started with live brine shrimp and added Selcon to that too. I figure maybe they'll start to recognize anything with Selcon as food. I also wanted to boost nutrition as they were eating so little and only live brine shrimp to begin with.

Looking for experiences with Garlic Guard, good or bad...

I just started using it about a week ago. I pour it in a small glass bowl with Rod's food and Hikari Mysis, I let it soak for a while, then add a little tank water and feed with a turkey baster. My fish seem to really enjoy it so far.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this isn't what you asked but Jsker's post on feeding is so awesome. It changed how I feed my fish.

So what I do is I buy 6-7 different frozen cubed fish foods: mysis, cyclops, seaweed, fish eggs, etc. and I put one of each in a very small tupperware bowl and add 5-6 drops of Selcon. Let it thaw (slump) in the fridge. Mix a bit and use. It will stay good in the fridge for a few days.

Same here -- That's pretty much exactly what I do and it's because of this thread. I used to mix a thing or two together but idk why I didn't go the whole 9 yards until I read that thread.

Here's what I typically mix and feed all together;

Foods
- LRS
- OVA / RN R.O.E. / Reef Caviar (1 of the 3 eggs)
- V2O Baby Mysis
- V2O Spirulina Brine/Mysis
- TDO Chroma boost pellets
- BRS Reef Chili

Additives
- Selcon
- Selco Boost
- AquaForest FishV

Notes
- Selcon -- is great, it's basically lipids which is excellent for fish health.
- AquaForest FishV -- Basically a fish Multi-vitamin. I noticed a dramatic improvement in new fish.
- BRS Reef Chili -- My Sunburst Anthias loves it, so do my micro stars, and little gobies. The pods may even nibble at the dried phyto, who knows.

LRS takes care of a large chunk of what my fish want. So I focus on adding what isn't already in LRS -- Baby mysis, some greens (spirulina brine), a few pellets from RN, and Reef Chili which is pods, rotifers, phyto, etc etc.

I may omit the Selco Boost in the future. My fish like it alright, but I'm not convinced it does anything more than Selcon and FishV do.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back