HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set this up a week ago! Absolutely love the RSR series. 750XXL especially, Red Sea has high quality stuff and very user friendly. Except for their instructions they are horrendous. I am fairly new to hobby. But this is the third one of these I have setup (I helped @4FordFamily setup both of his!).

IMG_20171127_194756612-4008x3006.jpg

IMG_20171203_165835104-4008x3006.jpg

Deezreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ Broadfeld, you used to have a Nyos 120 at some point. Do you have any insight you can share/advice on setting and tuning? Having a hard time getting mine to skim in my 350. Tried raising it, etc. did you have better performance running it on the sump bottom?

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine 350 set up.
Equipment I have for it.
M-1 Vectra, 1 mp10wqd, 2 wav pumps.
Bubble mag 5 curve skimmer
New Apex, Apex ATO, Dos and 2 part,
2XR 15 and mounts, reef link to control.
BRS GFO.
6257cb5772ce6e3136ac7982331577b0.heic

AMEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody try to clear this up for me as it doesn’t make sense.

I refilled my ato/kalk container so I turned it off with the intention of turning it back on after things settled. I forgot to turn it on and went to sleep, in the morning the overflow was low. I had to adjust the valve to raise the level. Why did this happen instead of my return section going low?

Alex Mullen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone running Triton with a reefer 350? Im doing zeovit and have been thinking of making the change for a bit. Im just trying to figure out the sump part of triton with stock 350 sump.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody try to clear this up for me as it doesn’t make sense.

I refilled my ato/kalk container so I turned it off with the intention of turning it back on after things settled. I forgot to turn it on and went to sleep, in the morning the overflow was low. I had to adjust the valve to raise the level. Why did this happen instead of my return section going low?

It is probably unrelated to evaporation. One evening you're not going to get a huge amount of evaporation (unless your place is extremely dry?). I know that my VarioS pump sometimes runs slower than usual. Not sure exactly why, but it might be either head pressure is changing somehow or the DC motor just doesn't kick back in fully. I only notice this when I turn the pump down for feeding. When it ramps back up, sometimes it's low. If I ramp it down and back up a few times I feel like it actually starts doing the right thing. It's hard to tell. I'd say overflow level is not related to evap but the VarioS doing weird things.

AC Pumps almost never change, but I have seen strange variations with any DC from time to time. I've heard of people with major issues with their VarioS pumps in similar manners. I think mine has a minor issue, but it's consistent enough for me to not really struggle with it.

Try ramping it down and back up a few times to see if it catches back up.

M4rtin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys for Reefer 250 would Kessil AP700 be better than 2 Kessil A360 for lps only tank ?

AMEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is probably unrelated to evaporation. One evening you're not going to get a huge amount of evaporation (unless your place is extremely dry?). I know that my VarioS pump sometimes runs slower than usual. Not sure exactly why, but it might be either head pressure is changing somehow or the DC motor just doesn't kick back in fully. I only notice this when I turn the pump down for feeding. When it ramps back up, sometimes it's low. If I ramp it down and back up a few times I feel like it actually starts doing the right thing. It's hard to tell. I'd say overflow level is not related to evap but the VarioS doing weird things.

AC Pumps almost never change, but I have seen strange variations with any DC from time to time. I've heard of people with major issues with their VarioS pumps in similar manners. I think mine has a minor issue, but it's consistent enough for me to not really struggle with it.

Try ramping it down and back up a few times to see if it catches back up.

That was it, thank you! As soon as I saw your reply I looked at the surface movement [emoji23]. Quick adjustment of the valve again and good to go. I hope this doesn’t happened often but at least I’ll know what to look for next time.

Now let me get back to my anemone that decided to explore the tank today [emoji849]

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was it, thank you! As soon as I saw your reply I looked at the surface movement [emoji23]. Quick adjustment of the valve again and good to go. I hope this doesn’t happened often but at least I’ll know what to look for next time.

Now let me get back to my anemone that decided to explore the tank today [emoji849]

Yeah, my drain setting will be great for weeks, and then it'll go out of wack. I'll mess with it again, and then it'll be good for another few weeks, and then seemingly revert back to the flow it had before. I wonder if this is because of some issue when connecting the VarioS to the Apex via VDM. I think it was fine when I was just using the controller.

AMEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, my drain setting will be great for weeks, and then it'll go out of wack. I'll mess with it again, and then it'll be good for another few weeks, and then seemingly revert back to the flow it had before. I wonder if this is because of some issue when connecting the VarioS to the Apex via VDM. I think it was fine when I was just using the controller.

That’s what I’m thinking. Some kind of communication between the two modules? The flow seem to be somewhere half way, which I don’t have programmed. I only have 8% and 90%. I guess it also didn’t fix itself when it slowed the pump down for feeding because the problem was still there when I got home.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’m thinking. Some kind of communication between the two modules? The flow seem to be somewhere half way, which I don’t have programmed. I only have 8% and 90%. I guess it also didn’t fix itself when it slowed the pump down for feeding because the problem was still there when I got home.

Probably just readjust the drain until the water level is where you want it again. Could be a number of factors, but if it stays consistent this way, you should be good to go.

Andyrm66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks,
Ordering plumbing for my 425xl - have had it for a year and a half finally getting it setup.

For those that hard plumbed with reactors, I'm not seeing unions on the reactors? I plan on using Spears gate valves.

What do you guys do to remove the reactor or do you just redo the manifold if you decide to change something?

Thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back