Show Off and Discuss Your Red Sea Reefer Series

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by Broadfield, Oct 27, 2015.

1. jazzmik

jazzmik Active Member Tampa Bay Reef Keepers Build Thread Contributor

Here are a few:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...ea-reefer-series.219309/page-157#post-3409080
    https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...ea-reefer-series.219309/page-223#post-3736050
    https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...ea-reefer-series.219309/page-152#post-3386648
    https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...ea-reefer-series.219309/page-157#post-3409833

Faraday likes this.

2. Greatreefer

Greatreefer Active Member

more specifically, what I'm wondering where do you find these parts? so i can remove all the stock plumbing.

red sea plumbing question.jpg

3. jazzmik

jazzmik Active Member Tampa Bay Reef Keepers Build Thread Contributor

I posted that in the links i provided you above :confused:

4. CDavmd

CDavmd Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Call Red Sea, they will sell you those parts. As in the posts you were referred to, you will need to get the slip/NPT part and will need to wrap 15 or so turns of plumbers tape around the threads and screw it into the Red Sea part. I used a 1 inch version because my main plumbing is 1 inch. I am using 1/2 inch for the reactors. I have an old rough dry fit photo which I've changed just a bit in the final form. Here you go....

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 1.11.19 PM.png

5. Greatreefer

Greatreefer Active Member

Oh ok. What are the parts called.
    Are they union joints?

6. jbslade

jbslade Member

Is it possible to achieve a 10x turnover rate of the 750 display tank given the drain is only 1"? I have read so many conflicting information. Some say that a 1" drain can only to 600gph, others say with the siphon and a 10' drop I could achieve over 1600gph. I'm looking to do the Triton method which recommends 10x turnover. What is everyone achieving for turnover (especially on a 750xxl)? Thanks for any help.

Raptor72 likes this.
  7. The new fish on the block

The new fish on the block Active Member Build Thread Contributor

Hi everyone I got my RSR 350 a few days ago and was wondering if anyone else’s tank hangs of the frontof the stand a little bit.

8. Raptor72

Raptor72 Active Member TRC Member

The 750 does when the doors are open. When they are shut, it is all flush.

4FordFamily likes this.
  9. cmcoker

cmcoker Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Yeah, the front viewing pane should be flush with the doors, so about the width of the doors hangs off the stand.

4FordFamily likes this.
  10. AMEE

AMEE Active Member

Guess what’s acting up again? Today nothing has worked. I have restarted and cut power to the pump. Any ideas?

(Various pump and various speed port acting up on apec)

11. kinetic

kinetic Well-Known Member Partner Member 2018 Build Thread Contributor

What do you mean acting up? I had to do a firmware update on my Apex and VDM module recently to get it working properly. Maybe check that?

12. AMEE

AMEE Active Member

I updated the apex when I installed the pump. Basically the Apex wasn’t responding with any input I was giving through variable speed port or feed modes. Tried turning the pump off and disconnecting the 0-10v wire. The only thing that worked was cutting powder power to the apex unit. Restarting it from the display module didn’t work either but i think that’s only for the net. I have the classic so the v ports are build in I don’t have a vdm.

erics likes this.
  13. kinetic

Oh interesting! I don't know then. I have mine connected through a VDM to an Apex Jr, and it had a lot of issues until I upgraded the firmware (twice). Might be best to reach out to Neptune Systems directly. They have really good customer support.

14. Raptor72

[​IMG]

Well, mine finally came and was installed this weekend. I’m slowly making time before work each day to do something to it. The water mixing station seems to have no leaks. I’ll be putting some time in on my rock work this weekend.

15. mta_morrow

mta_morrow It costs HOW much?!!! R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Has anyone here done any mods to run the skimmer section of a 525xl as a fudge and relocate / mod a different section for a skimmer?

16. Raptor72

I also took someone’s mod on here and changed it up a bit on the return.
    [​IMG]

17. AMEE

AMEE Active Member

Came home to the same problem. Seems to be the pump or the pump controller. I have it running by itself and at full power but you can tell it’s not. Leaving me with the water noises we love so much. I’m gonna look into see if there’s a fix if not I guess I have to call CoralVue.

kinetic likes this.
  18. saltwater newby

saltwater newby Active Member

8361ADED-1FDB-42F3-BF39-3BD0481497A7.jpeg 793DA5AF-7DC1-4AB4-9072-63CBCF9DE413.jpeg 1FD4C396-97C2-458D-866A-E7433FB13815.jpeg RED SEA REEFER 350 2 years old. :)

fredjr, AMEE, kinetic and 1 other person like this.
  19. kinetic

It's getting cold these days, and my heater isn't keeping up at all. I have a 125 watt Eheim Jager in my Reefer 170. The reason I got the 125 was because I thought that's the longest the sump can hold. Now I think I can probably get something larger, or I was thinking on getting two heaters going off the same plug. Any thoughts? What are you guys running in the Reefer 170 sump?

I'm hoping to stick with the Eheim Jager brand, since I've always had great experiences with them.

20. mbh7848

mbh7848 Active Member

Ordered my 350 today! I am installing it in my living room and on the other side of the wall is a hallway/mudroom. I am considering routing all my power cords and modules to storage cabinet, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience doing this? Plus sideof this it would free up my sump and divide the electrical load on two different breakers.

Draft saved Draft deleted