jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few detailed posts in this thread by @Broadfield with the adapters and sizes. He's pretty thorough so I would definitely look for those posts.

Use this as the "Search this thread only" it pulls up a bunch of the post you're going to want to read:

3/4" MPT

Here are a few:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...ea-reefer-series.219309/page-157#post-3409080
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...ea-reefer-series.219309/page-223#post-3736050
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...ea-reefer-series.219309/page-152#post-3386648
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...ea-reefer-series.219309/page-157#post-3409833

Greatreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more specifically, what I'm wondering where do you find these parts? so i can remove all the stock plumbing.

red sea plumbing question.jpg

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more specifically, what I'm wondering where do you find these parts? so i can remove all the stock plumbing.

red sea plumbing question.jpg
Call Red Sea, they will sell you those parts. As in the posts you were referred to, you will need to get the slip/NPT part and will need to wrap 15 or so turns of plumbers tape around the threads and screw it into the Red Sea part. I used a 1 inch version because my main plumbing is 1 inch. I am using 1/2 inch for the reactors. I have an old rough dry fit photo which I've changed just a bit in the final form. Here you go....

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 1.11.19 PM.png

jbslade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to achieve a 10x turnover rate of the 750 display tank given the drain is only 1"? I have read so many conflicting information. Some say that a 1" drain can only to 600gph, others say with the siphon and a 10' drop I could achieve over 1600gph. I'm looking to do the Triton method which recommends 10x turnover. What is everyone achieving for turnover (especially on a 750xxl)? Thanks for any help.

AMEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably just readjust the drain until the water level is where you want it again. Could be a number of factors, but if it stays consistent this way, you should be good to go.

Guess what’s acting up again? Today nothing has worked. I have restarted and cut power to the pump. Any ideas?

(Various pump and various speed port acting up on apec)

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess what’s acting up again? Today nothing has worked. I have restarted and cut power to the pump. Any ideas?

(Various pump and various speed port acting up on apec)

What do you mean acting up? I had to do a firmware update on my Apex and VDM module recently to get it working properly. Maybe check that?

AMEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean acting up? I had to do a firmware update on my Apex and VDM module recently to get it working properly. Maybe check that?

I updated the apex when I installed the pump. Basically the Apex wasn’t responding with any input I was giving through variable speed port or feed modes. Tried turning the pump off and disconnecting the 0-10v wire. The only thing that worked was cutting powder power to the apex unit. Restarting it from the display module didn’t work either but i think that’s only for the net. I have the classic so the v ports are build in I don’t have a vdm.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I updated the apex when I installed the pump. Basically the Apex wasn’t responding with any input I was giving through variable speed port or feed modes. Tried turning the pump off and disconnecting the 0-10v wire. The only thing that worked was cutting powder power to the apex unit. Restarting it from the display module didn’t work either but i think that’s only for the net. I have the classic so the v ports are build in I don’t have a vdm.

Oh interesting! I don't know then. I have mine connected through a VDM to an Apex Jr, and it had a lot of issues until I upgraded the firmware (twice). Might be best to reach out to Neptune Systems directly. They have really good customer support.

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5c8914e7aebc7b95530f34082fb1de8e.jpg

Well, mine finally came and was installed this weekend. I’m slowly making time before work each day to do something to it. The water mixing station seems to have no leaks. I’ll be putting some time in on my rock work this weekend.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here done any mods to run the skimmer section of a 525xl as a fudge and relocate / mod a different section for a skimmer?

AMEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh interesting! I don't know then. I have mine connected through a VDM to an Apex Jr, and it had a lot of issues until I upgraded the firmware (twice). Might be best to reach out to Neptune Systems directly. They have really good customer support.

Came home to the same problem. Seems to be the pump or the pump controller. I have it running by itself and at full power but you can tell it’s not. Leaving me with the water noises we love so much. I’m gonna look into see if there’s a fix if not I guess I have to call CoralVue.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's getting cold these days, and my heater isn't keeping up at all. I have a 125 watt Eheim Jager in my Reefer 170. The reason I got the 125 was because I thought that's the longest the sump can hold. Now I think I can probably get something larger, or I was thinking on getting two heaters going off the same plug. Any thoughts? What are you guys running in the Reefer 170 sump?

I'm hoping to stick with the Eheim Jager brand, since I've always had great experiences with them.

Night_shift_reefer_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered my 350 today! I am installing it in my living room and on the other side of the wall is a hallway/mudroom. I am considering routing all my power cords and modules to storage cabinet, but was wondering if anyone has had any experience doing this? Plus sideof this it would free up my sump and divide the electrical load on two different breakers.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back