Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone painted the inside of there stand white to mach the white outside we paid extra for and red sea cheaped out and only did half of the stand?

I am wondering if a can lightly sand it, prime if with oil based kills for wood and and paint it with white semi gloss?
thoughts???

bizacon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c12ed6ecb448a9acfb38906deb7f7e27.jpg

Big shout out to Julian @Crystal Reef Aquatics!!

Cannot wait to get this installed today!!

Yes I said today :)

Sley1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone with with a reefer 625 or 750 used the drain area for a chaeto fuge? Do you guys think it’s to small or see any problems with that idea?
IMG_4549.JPG

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could see it becoming a huge ditritus trap being that’s the first area display water hits. That and the filter socks wouldn’t leave much room for lighting.

marito09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think is too small for the size of tank. I have the 625 xxl and I used the big spot right after the return pump and it grows like weed. But it will depend on your light schedule and load.

Reefer_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone painted the inside of there stand white to mach the white outside we paid extra for and red sea cheaped out and only did half of the stand?

I am wondering if a can lightly sand it, prime if with oil based kills for wood and and paint it with white semi gloss?
thoughts???

I would do a high quality vinyl wrap. I saw one online that a guy did on a RS peninsula stand and it looked great.

Sley1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could see it becoming a huge ditritus trap being that’s the first area display water hits. That and the filter socks wouldn’t leave much room for lighting.

Good point, I am installing the AI prime fuge light and there is definitely not enough room to really make it work, I think I am going to use the chamber right after the filter socks.
Thanks for the reply..

Sley1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think is too small for the size of tank. I have the 625 xxl and I used the big spot right after the return pump and it grows like weed. But it will depend on your light schedule and load.
Thanks for the reply,
I agree it’s to small, think I will use the designated refugium portion after the filter socks.

clabern

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys - I've got a predicament! I just recently ordered a Reefer 250 from saltwateraquariums.com (upgrading from my Nuvo 20, woo!). I did a chat with them prior to ordering to confirm freight shipping and making sure that it was okay that a freight truck can not come into my neighborhood. They said it was fine and that the freight company would accommodate/send a smaller truck/van. I went ahead and ordered (and made order notes indicating that a freight truck can NOT come into my neighborhood) and today I got a phone call from the freight company (R&L Carriers) to schedule delivery on Monday, April 8th. The lady asked if a 26ft truck had access and I said no, and she immediately didn't care and said "The driver will call an hour before delivery, find a big parking lot to meet him". I indicated that really isn't an option, and not something I had planned for, which she didn't care about. She said I could either figure it out, or they'd have to return to the shipper.

Large trucks aren't allowed down the "main" road my subdivision is off of (it's literally called "Mountain Pass Rd", because it goes over a mountain and has a few very tight/sharp curves where trucks get stuck). My house is also deeper into the subdivision at the top of a steeper area, and just couldn't really make it through the small roads/turns into our cul-de-sac. There is a grocery store off of the more main road I could meet them at, but I only have access to a small pick-up truck. I have no idea how I could even get the pallet/aquarium onto the truck though as I hadn't planned on having help (I had planned on a small truck/van delivering it to my house/driveway and then unwrapping/etc).

Any advice here from folks who've had them delivered? Not sure where to go from here. I'm thinking that 26ft isn't actually a normal "tractor trailer" length, seems short. So it must be a shorter truck to begin with. My neighbor has a large camper he pulls in/out, but he's pulling with a large truck, not a tractor. Should I try calling the local office and get more info? Would it be possible to fit the pallet into the bed of a small pick-up (it's an older Mazda pickup, like a Toyota Tacoma), and if I met the driver at the grocery store, could I pull right up to his liftgate and use the pallet mover thing to wheel it onto the pickup?

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my reefer 250 was delivered they were able to cart it into the apartment on a furniture dolly. I think a small pickup would be fine, however if the vendor told you they would use a smaller truck I would contact them and let them contact the shipper and get it sorted for you.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my reefer 250 was delivered they were able to cart it into the apartment on a furniture dolly. I think a small pickup would be fine, however if the vendor told you they would use a smaller truck I would contact them and let them contact the shipper and get it sorted for you.

My LFS used a small van to deliver my Reefer 250 along with all of the water needed to fill the tank. They also used a dolly to take the boxes that contained the tank and the cabinet from the van to my condo.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys - I've got a predicament! I just recently ordered a Reefer 250 from saltwateraquariums.com (upgrading from my Nuvo 20, woo!). I did a chat with them prior to ordering to confirm freight shipping and making sure that it was okay that a freight truck can not come into my neighborhood. They said it was fine and that the freight company would accommodate/send a smaller truck/van. I went ahead and ordered (and made order notes indicating that a freight truck can NOT come into my neighborhood) and today I got a phone call from the freight company (R&L Carriers) to schedule delivery on Monday, April 8th. The lady asked if a 26ft truck had access and I said no, and she immediately didn't care and said "The driver will call an hour before delivery, find a big parking lot to meet him". I indicated that really isn't an option, and not something I had planned for, which she didn't care about. She said I could either figure it out, or they'd have to return to the shipper.

Large trucks aren't allowed down the "main" road my subdivision is off of (it's literally called "Mountain Pass Rd", because it goes over a mountain and has a few very tight/sharp curves where trucks get stuck). My house is also deeper into the subdivision at the top of a steeper area, and just couldn't really make it through the small roads/turns into our cul-de-sac. There is a grocery store off of the more main road I could meet them at, but I only have access to a small pick-up truck. I have no idea how I could even get the pallet/aquarium onto the truck though as I hadn't planned on having help (I had planned on a small truck/van delivering it to my house/driveway and then unwrapping/etc).

Any advice here from folks who've had them delivered? Not sure where to go from here. I'm thinking that 26ft isn't actually a normal "tractor trailer" length, seems short. So it must be a shorter truck to begin with. My neighbor has a large camper he pulls in/out, but he's pulling with a large truck, not a tractor. Should I try calling the local office and get more info? Would it be possible to fit the pallet into the bed of a small pick-up (it's an older Mazda pickup, like a Toyota Tacoma), and if I met the driver at the grocery store, could I pull right up to his liftgate and use the pallet mover thing to wheel it onto the pickup?

clabern

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the tank delivery - I saw that it had arrived at my local terminal Friday morning, so I gave them a ring (the direct number to the local terminal) and they were more than happy to let me come pick it up. Tank is home safely and everything looks good!

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a few final tweaks to my setup.

CO2 scrubber hook up and skimmer cup drainage to the basement.

Cable management with some raceways.

Final seed live rock addition positioned in scape.

Details on my build thread.

Thanks for looking :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back