Show off your EELS!

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my snowflake. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

863dc6ce3bab94cb4ba04e0fc71ef602.jpg
This is my snowflake, there are MORAY like it, but this one is mine :p

Softpaws

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20171208_215140.jpg
Got my banded moray almost 6 months ago, about 14" now. He's in a mixed reef aquarium and hasn't been aggressive at all to tank mates. Been feeding frozen krill on a stick 3 times a week.

Anyone else have a banded? They don't seem as popular as snowflake or zebra. But seem to be best as far as not getting too big or agressive.

I have a banded moray as well. Mine is about the same size as yours. I hand feed mine krill, he won't take silvers, and I feed him every other day. Yesterday he ate the most I've seen him. Usually he eats three little guys, but I fed him about 8. Needless to say, he is growing.

Last edited:

ClownBaby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Line at the dentist.
IMG_20190828_220327.jpg

Was scared for the shrimp as it was brand new and tiny but it went to work on both gdm pretty fast. I have an old full grown cleaner who seems to have retired from any cleaning duties.

Had the 1st eel for over a year and it was ridiculously reclusive and only came out for feedings. Honestly felt like a waste of money cause I rarely saw it. Ended up getting a 2nd one about 2 months ago and they're both pretty active. Want one a 3rd now....

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Line at the dentist.
IMG_20190828_220327.jpg

Was scared for the shrimp as it was brand new and tiny but it went to work on both gdm pretty fast. I have an old full grown cleaner who seems to have retired from any cleaning duties.

Had the 1st eel for over a year and it was ridiculously reclusive and only came out for feedings. Honestly felt like a waste of money cause I rarely saw it. Ended up getting a 2nd one about 2 months ago and they're both pretty active. Want one a 3rd now....
Incredible shot! Welcome to R2R!
@Robin Haselden @Katrina71

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back